• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje The Mummy

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Tatuaje The Mummy
7 ¾ x 47

I took this week off since Jessica is on spring break, and I get to be with her until Wednesday, which is great as we don’t get to see each other much at all now days.  But, Casey isn’t off unfortunately, so I get up with her this morning at 4:45 a.m.  I cook up some bacon, eggs, grits, toast, and coffee while she gets ready, then we sit down and enjoy breakfast.   

After Casey leaves for work, I grab the Tatuaje “The Mummy” and head outside.  The temperature isn’t too bad out, but there’s a breeze already blowing that makes it feel much colder than it is.  The sun is already sneaking up as the sky is turning a beautiful crimson and light baby blue.  I take a seat in my chair, take a sip of my coffee, and pick up the cigar to have a look. 

This is one huge stogie at 7 ¾ x 47, going to take some time smoking, but it’s still early so should be able to get it done before Jess wakes up.  The Nicaraguan sun grown Criollo Esteli wrapper is a dull medium to dark Colorado shade wrapper, smooth with one large vein running the length.  It has a good weight in the hand and is very firm; no soft spots that I could find.  I like that it has an uncircumcised foot, and after punching the head I find the draw is perfect. 

I toast the tobacco leaf covering the foot, blow off the ash once burnt, and toast the foot some more.  It lights easily, and produced tons of bluish white smoke that I find has a light mouth feel, mild to medium body and strength.  There’s a good bit of white pepper in the nose that burns a bit.  The finish is semi-long and somewhat clean on the palate.  I taste wood, leather, and sweet vanilla bean in the rich smoke. 

I have a couple visitors fly in and land in the field next to the house, just honking away.  I grab the telephoto lens and snap a few shots, and then walk out towards them, which of course they don’t seem to care.  I look around thinking maybe the pups would take off after them; however they’re in their house on the porch, guess they wanted to get warm.

The cigar is burning perfectly with an even fire with the ash uniform and light gray in color.  It holds well for almost two inches, and then falls on its own.  Smoke is flowing well through the perfect draw with flavors continuing as before, the strong pepper in the nose is mellowing somewhat. 

It’s getting close to about an hour and a half into this cigar, and I’m a little over halfway now.  The wind has picked up even more with some fairly decent gusts now and then.  I get up to close the curtain on one side of the gazebo, and as I do I feel something drop into my house coat.  I pull it open and holy crap it’s a huge wasp!  Luckily it was cold and quite lethargic, and I was pretty darn fast in getting that thing out of there.  Also lucky nobody was around to watch me do my little jig upon seeing it in there. 

I am finally heading to the end of this cigar, approximately two hours to smoke.  Being the Tat whore that I am, this was right up my alley and very much enjoyed it the entire time.  It had a perfect draw with no burn issues whatsoever, rich and creamy smoke tasting of wood, leather, and vanilla bean.  Just an excellent Tatuaje and one I wouldn’t have been able to try if not for Paul, and again I give him huge thanks for sending to me.  Thanks so much my friend!  Excellent cigar!

Dude, beautiful pictures! I have had one of these in the humidor that Kris (Light This) sent to me. The weather is becoming really nice and it might be time to light this big baby up. Thanks for the review.

whylieineedacigar said:
Dude, beautiful pictures! I have had one of these in the humidor that Kris (Light This) sent to me. The weather is becoming really nice and it might be time to light this big baby up. Thanks for the review.

Thanks brother!  Yeah it was a long smoke, but man was it good! 

The best of the Monster Series in my opinion.  Great review.

Brickhouse said:
Have you had the Jason? Not that I'm disagreeing with you but I've had one of the Jason and I loved it and was thinking it's very close to the Mummy.

Tall Paul said:

Have you had the Jason? Not that I'm disagreeing with you but I've had one of the Jason and I loved it and was thinking it's very close to the Mummy.

I have not.  I looked for them when they came out, but there was just too much fuss.  So that's a good point.  I cannot compare to the Jason.

Enjoyed the review. I have several sitting around. I'll have to enjoy one soon. And your a good man getting up at 4:45 to make breakfast :)

Great review as always. This makes me want to light up the one I got in the humi.

Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying the wonderful weather during these South Carolina springtime mornings!  Great review.  I'm going to have to see if the local B&M has any Tatuajes in stock, as I've never tried one.

Brickhouse said:

I have not.  I looked for them when they came out, but there was just too much fuss.  So that's a good point.  I cannot compare to the Jason.

Personally I feel that the mummies were a much better stick than the Jason...imho

Really nice review...

Having grown up in South Carolina, kind of makes me a little home sick...

Yes great review and pics as always. Bill I knew your were an original east coaster!  ;)

Theronray, if you're unable to source one locally let me know I think I know where there might be one or two.

Outstanding review, great photos even if those Canadians did not have their passport with them.l

Great review, I've been slacking and missing your reviews lately!  Seems like a tasty smoke. 

Nice review, Greg. You need to train those Geese to bring back some smokes from Canada, aye?