• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Poor Man's Min Ron Nee...2nd Edition

Johnny-O!

$5000 is a lot for a book(s). The bad news is there will be no cheaper versions later, no digital version either. Besides...even if you had the $$$ to make it rain on this elusive project, who says you're getting on the list? I have a solution for you:

The World of the Habano (ISBN 978-959-7212-05-8)-$40 shipped includes ring gauge/CD and a single of your choice. Co-authored by Simon Chase of Hunters & Frankau fame. Printed in Havana, Cuba (2012), 192 pages. This is Habanos SA's official book. Besides all of the images of the current vitolas, the book goes into detail on the process a cigar has to go through to get made. I enjoyed most of the curing/aging process of the leaf, as it gives a lot of technical information on the different stages it has to go through. The book is easy to read. Once you are done with this book, your knowledge of Habanos will be improved greatly. It is also a solid reference, one volume...not too complicated. So join my poor man's club, you will enjoy this book. John 

I picked it up from John last month.  It's an excellent book; I couldn't agree more with his assessment.  I'm proud to have this on my bookshelf.

mjolnir01 said:
I picked it up from John last month.  It's an excellent book; I couldn't agree more with his assessment.  I'm proud to have this on my bookshelf.

+2

Excellent book and I rather spend my money with you John. Now about getting that 2nd edition in spanish….. LoL

X3 I love this book and have learned so much about CCs from it. The pictures within are amazing as well.

I'm another satisfied customer.  Enjoyed reading the book as well.  Thanks John.

I actually picked this up from <selfedit> (So I probably paid extra, but well worth it)... I must agree, it's an Excellent read!

John, My book and cigar arrived yesterday.  I've only flipped through the book but it looks like it will be a very good read.  Maybe I'll start on it when I burn the stick you included.  It smells so good I'm not sure that it's going to survive the weekend.  Thanks for the awesome deal.

I just wanted to weigh in on this book, as I just received it as a gift from my in-laws along with a Cuban Crafters tri-blade scissor cutter. 

I spent the 4th weekend skimming pieces as I drank coffee and smoked my morning cigars, and I have to say that this book is phenomenal.  It is way more informational than I expected.  I found it very fascinating to read about the processes and brands.  I have only skimmed through at this point, but every time I opened it I learned something I had not known before.  I look forward to the rest and reading it in detail.

This book is well worth the low cost.

$5000 is a lot for a book(s). The bad news is there will be no cheaper versions later, no digital version either. Besides...even if you had the $$$ to make it rain on this elusive project, who says you're getting on the list? I have a solution for you:

The World of the Habano (ISBN 978-959-7212-05-8)-$40 shipped includes ring gauge/CD and a single of your choice. Co-authored by Simon Chase of Hunters & Frankau fame. Printed in Havana, Cuba (2012), 192 pages. This is Habanos SA's official book. Besides all of the images of the current vitolas, the book goes into detail on the process a cigar has to go through to get made. I enjoyed most of the curing/aging process of the leaf, as it gives a lot of technical information on the different stages it has to go through. The book is easy to read. Once you are done with this book, your knowledge of Habanos will be improved greatly. It is also a solid reference, one volume...not too complicated. So join my poor man's club, you will enjoy this book. John
I know this is an old thread, got any of these left?

Have not seen this in Havana for quite some time. Russian and Spanish versions are around but nothing in English. John