• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Fitbit users?

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Opinions?  I'm thinking of buying one for the wife and I, but wanted some real opinions before I took the leap. 

Those of you that use them, are they accurate? 

Have any of you used the alarm function?

Like in all things on CP can't answer the question but I do have the Nike Fuel(2 plus years). If I had to it again I would get the Jawbone Up24 for the sleep function data.

My wife had the new Fitbit and it would count her driving to work as "steps". Apparently it's an actual known problem and there is a way to correct for it when uploading it online. But she didn't want to mess with that. Check to see if they have corrected that. All these pedometer models are good but have inherent flaws. The Nike fuel you can challenge each other on who takes more steps etc which is kind of cool.

I've got a FatBit that I've been happy with.  It alarms when my BAC level drops below .08 or my calorie intake drops below what I've burned.  My body fat, HDLs and stretch marks have steadily been improving since my mid-20s.

My wife and I both have the Flex. We couple that/Fitbit app with the My Fitness Pal app, are are seeing nice results. While we haven't used the alarm function yet, I'd suggest that at least the steps and sleep tracking are pretty accurate, though I haven't worn a pedometer in conjunction to confirm. Also, I'd def say that, veracity of accuracy aside, the device is consistent from day to day and activity to activity.

Satchmo said:
I've got a FatBit that I've been happy with.  It alarms when my BAC level drops below .08 or my calorie intake drops below what I've burned.  My body fat, HDLs and stretch marks have steadily been improving since my mid-20s.

Ditto, it's why I need to get back into shape.  I don't want to be this way going into my 40s.
Slick300 said:
My wife and I both have the Flex. We couple that/Fitbit app with the My Fitness Pal app, are are seeing nice results. While we haven't used the alarm function yet, I'd suggest that at least the steps and sleep tracking are pretty accurate, though I haven't worn a pedometer in conjunction to confirm. Also, I'd def say that, veracity of accuracy aside, the device is consistent from day to day and activity to activity.

Good to know.  It will be more motivation and accountability, I think at first.

I use iHealth watch linked to my iPhone. No frills. Tells time, count steps and calorie expended.

I've got a FitBit One.  It's helped me lose over 50 lbs in about a year.  I find it to be pretty accurate.  When I got it, my goal was to be a little more active each day (parking in the back of the parking lot, taking the stairs, etc).

The only caveat I have is it's easy to forget you're wearing it.  Mine has been through the washing machine AND dryer.  Believe it or not, it still works!!

Slick300 said:

Agree here. I got one for the wife not to long ago and she loves it. She has never had an issue with wearing it in the car and she wears it every day. She has the One not the flex. I was stunned at how accurate it was.

My wife has one, too. She loves it. I got her the companion Fitbit scale. That didn't trip her trigger. It went back to Best Buy.

After a lot of research I got the wife & I an UP24, I'd do it again in a heart beat.
They all have their quirks, so it fairly comes to what your looking for in a fitness band.

I have been using the force for several months. I think that they all have their advantages, so do your research and pull the trigger.

I lurched the flex just last week. I was wanting to see how much I'd be walking around here in Europe. So far I love this damn thing. 17360 steps counted today, wewt.

That's a lot of steps.

I bought my wife one today from Best Buy and they have a promotion where you get 3 additional bands for free.

Looked at the Samsung Gear Fit and it looks pretty sweet.

My high is 31,000 plus steps. That was after working and the playing 18 holes walking.

I recently broke the 4 million step mark with my Fitbit. Had it about a year. It is addictive.

My girlfriend uses hers as her alarm clock.  That way she doesn't have to worry about waking me up since it just vibrates.

PM me for a friend request, I love using my friends list as motivation.