• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Perfect Martini

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
gallery_773_749_13186.jpg

Funny.  And I agree, 'cause I don't care for gin in the least...

I drink whiskey with the best of them...but there's something about a dirty vodka martini with a handful of olives that hits the spot sometimes! 

Yea, they're especially good when you're a couple of drinks behind.

Doc

Hah! That's funny!

You especially "got me" because I actually clicked this expecting a recipe. I'm well over a half a century old, and have never had a Martini, and have been looking for a good one. I guess it is simple, but am interested in any variations of amounts, ingredients, etc. 

MadMonk said:
Hah! That's funny
You especially "got me" because I actually clicked this expecting a recipe. I'm well over a half a century old, and have never had a Martini, and have been looking for a good one. I guess it is simple, but am interested in any variations of amounts, ingredients, etc. 
In the British Army Officers Survival Manuel it states, " If lost begin to prepare a Martini. Sure enough someone will arrive and tell you how to make it differently".
Four to one with a twist has always suited me or you can add green olives. No pimentos.  Add cocktail onions and it becomes a Gibson

Doc

This got me excited to see what concoction you were presenting!

Now I just feel like a fool and need another drink :(

AVB said:
That's just wrong Ray! There's a place and a time for everything. I like a good single malt but nothing quenches my pre dinner thrust like a chilled dry martini. Doc got the proportions and garnishing perfectly. For me Tanqueray gin works better than vodka.

duglynukem said:

Never had a martini.
A martini is like a woman's breasts. One is not enough and three is too many.

Like the numerous times I've strayed from the recommended 2 martini limit...and thoroughly enjoyed it...I think I'd like to experience the 'overage' of your analogy to the martini to see if I enjoy that as much. 

3-tits_zps83f70b3d.jpg

ironpeddler said:

Never had a martini.

Like the numerous times I've strayed from the recommended 2 martini limit...and thoroughly enjoyed it...I think I'd like to experience the 'overage' of your analogy to the martini to see if I enjoy that as much. 

3-tits_zps83f70b3d.jpg

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Never had a martini.

3-tits_zps83f70b3d.jpg

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

Doc

Well said!

Don't care for juniper-based gin at all, and dirty martinis taste like ass, but I've had a couple vodka martinis.  Bit too much fuss to go to for me but I got it instantly---it's like drinking an icy, refreshing cloud of hootch.  

Someday I'll invest in a proper shaker and try making one with Hendrick's.  Only gin I like.

~Boar

I've still never had a martini made with Hendrick's, but do love a Bombay Sapphire martini with a twist.

I've definitely thrown back more than my share of variations on the vodka martini....preferably Ketel with bleu cheese stuffed olives. I'll got for a hot and dirty too, but won't waste Ketel on that-something like Tito's will do just fine. No matter what, just keep the Absolut away.

I only like Absolut in Bloody Marys.  The vodka martinis I had were Grey Goose and . . . just lovely.  But my favorite vodka lately is Reyka, from Iceland.  Lovely stuff.

~Boar