• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Minneapolis and Ames IA the 26th Thru 30th

LarryH

Stogiesaurus
I'll be flying in to Minneapolis on Monday the 26th and driving down to Ames.  I may be able to meet up there that evening for an hour or so.

I'll start driving back to Minneapolis late Tuesday afternoon  so I probably won't have time to meet up that evening.  Thursday afternoon and evening looks the best right now but Wednesday may work too.  I also plan to make a pilgrimage to Surly Brewing and could meet up there as well. 

I'll be staying at the Double Tree in St. Louis Park.   Let's see if we can make something happen. :thumbs:

ARGH!!  We're moving Wednesday and Thursday.  I might be able to swing Thursday night if everything goes off without a hitch.  I'll PM you if things change for the better.

LOTS of other high quality craft breweries in the area:
Dangerous Man Brewing - I think they have better offerings then Surly, but I'm not a big hop guy.  Great vibe and cool peeps.
Indeed Brewing Company
612 Brew

The bonus is that these are all within a five mile radius of each other.  If you hit them, try the Anchor Bar for food.  Hands down the best fish and chips in town.  Not haute cuisine, but really tasty.  Their brown gravy for the chips is soooo good!

Gern Blansten said:
ARGH!!  We're moving Wednesday and Thursday.  I might be able to swing Thursday night if everything goes off without a hitch.  I'll PM you if things change for the better.

LOTS of other high quality craft breweries in the area:
Dangerous Man Brewing - I think they have better offerings then Surly, but I'm not a big hop guy.  Great vibe and cool peeps.
Indeed Brewing Company
612 Brew

The bonus is that these are all within a five mile radius of each other.  If you hit them, try the Anchor Bar for food.  Hands down the best fish and chips in town.  Not haute cuisine, but really tasty.  Their brown gravy for the chips is soooo good!
 I hope you can free up an hour or two for a meet up.  Thanks for the brewery info.  I'm not into hops either so I'll have to hit Dangerous Man first.  None of their beers on tap are over 30 IBU which suits me fine.

Larry, I'm sorry I couldn't make tonight work.  I'm STILL at our house tidying up and just stopped for a bite to eat.  Next time you're in town I won't be moving, to be sure!  What a major PITA!

Sorry for the late reply.  I don't think I received a notification about the new post.

As it turned out I had quite a bit of time on Thursday afternoon but I didn't make any of the local breweries.  I was pretty wiped out from several long days on my feet and the Yard House with their many, many taps was just across the street from the hotel.  I spent the afternoon and half of the evening with a few good beers and then a rib eye with a glass of wine.

http://www.yardhouse.com/Default.aspx

I expect there will be another trip there in the future.  I'll try to schedule in some free time.

Next time you're in town, moving will NOT be a part of my life.

Wow, does moving suck!

Sorry I missed you!