• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bloody Mary

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
For reasons I can't even begin to fathom, I've had a craving for a Bloody Mary lately.   Are there any of the bottle mixes that are tolerable?   If not, does anyone have a decent recipe? 

The mixes are hit or miss.  We used to use Major Peter's spicy mix.  Not too shabby for a mix.  Has some decent bit.  Heard Trader Joe's is decent.  Not a fan of Zing Zang.

Lately, if we make a Bloody Mary, I've been using tequilla.  Nice change of pace.  I like 'em better than vodka.

For obvious reasons, I've always stayed away from her during those 7 days...

AVB has a great recipe around here somewhere . . . I mix mine by the drink rather than the pitcher, and prefer to start with plain old tomato juice rather than a mix---I mean, after all, it's not HARD.  Dash of Worcestershire, dash of Tabasco, a little lemon juice, salt and pepper, a bit of horseradish.  Stir it on the rocks with a celery stalk and a pickle slice and leave 'em both in the glass.

I like a healthy dash of Worcestershire, and use Tabasco's Chipotle sauce for the extra smokiness.  Absolut's not my favorite vodka by a long shot---that would be Reyka, currently---but for some reason it's always seemed to go well in a Bloody Mary.  Hang a jumbo cocktail shrimp on the rim of your glass or lay a crispy strip of bacon across it if you really want to go all out.

~Boar

Thanks Boar. Not surprised AVB has a great recipe. Did a quick search and nothing popped up.

ironpeddler said:
For obvious reasons, I've always stayed away from her during those 7 days...
Good ol' Bloody Mary, she's on the rag again...  (David Alan Coe for you non udjumacated folks)

I'm a zing zang fan.  If you see a fancy one with real crab, those are usually pretty good as well, but they're generally a consume pretty quickly type deal.

No horse radish in AVB's recipe. Interesting, that's what I like the best- I also put a dash of BBQ sauce.

There is a local one called Uncle Johns that someone turned me on to.  Thick and spicy.