• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Anniversario No. 3 tubo

bluue13

Size: 6x50
Wrapper: CT 
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Domincan

This cigar was reaaaallly good.  I got is as a Christmas gift from my sister in law about 3 years ago, and I was hanging on to it for the right moment (shame, shame, I know.).

Well, yesterday, I found the right moment.

Yesterday was my last day of work for what had to be one of the most challenging and stressful years of my teaching career thus far.  It was a beautiful day, so when I got home I knew exactly which cigar I wanted.

The construction and appearance as is expected with Davidoff cigars was flawless.

The wrapper is light brown with no largely visible veins aside from one near the cap.  Well filled and gives just slightly when squeezed.  Foot aroma is slightly peppery and toasty with a bit of hay and rich tobacco.

Cap cuts well and the pre-light draw is perfect.  Nice flavors come through on the cold draw that back up the aroma from the foot.

Through the first two thirds of the smoke I got some great peppery notes with earthy/salty tones (again signature of a Davidoff smoke) and some nice sweet tobacco flavors to round it off.

The smoke really came into its own in the final third.  Great rich peppery notes and toasty tobacco with a great caramel flavor on the retro-hale.  The smoke was rich and thick throughout and the draw remained flawless.  

Great smoke and highly recommended.

Full disclosure:  As I smoked right from the start I heard a crackling sound and to my dismay found a huge split running up about the first half of the stick.  I realized it was my own fault for grabbing it right out of my cooler and heading outside directly into the hot bright sun with no transitional period, dry boxing, etc.  However, believe it or not with some care and touch ups and strategically placed saliva (yumm) the smoke was no less enjoyable. 

6089BEE3-0418-46D9-8272-B76B26D74A20.jpg

F95E30F0-8EAF-4B2E-91F6-6B15DFDBEABC.jpg

The local B&M just switched out a ton of the regular stock for Davidoff and I literally know nothing about the brand.  So, good to hear some positive words for it.

Nice review,

Thanks!

One of my favorite smokes, thanks for the review.  Time to go look for another one, can't remember if I have more!

Thanks for your review. I also have the non-tubo in the cooler. I however have been drooling over the Millennium blend. Cant wait to pull one of those out.