• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knob Creek Smoked Maple......

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
.......is HORRIBLE!!!  I thought I'd buy it to see if they had as much success as Woodford Reserve did with their special releases.  Well, they failed miserably.

I could smell the maple even before the bourbon hit my lips.  Then it was like taking a swig from an Aunt Jemima bottle!!!!  Don't waste your time if you like real bourbon.  If you smoke acids, you may like this swill.  

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the remainder of the bottle.  Maybe it'll make the trip to QSH this year. 

Floyd T.

Me too. I was wondering if that stuff was any good or not. Now I know.

Try using it up for Bourbon glazed Chicken or pork chops. Add a lil soy sauce too, if it is too sweet.

Proper maple syrup should be easy to drink and taste pretty good too. I often mix 3/4 rye to 1/4 real maple syrup as an after dinner drink. Some folks in Montreal make a similar drink from Canadian whisky and maple syrup. It's not as good as mine though. Their's is only 40 proof. :whistling:

Doc

Just wait until you see what flavored Bourbons are getting ready to come out....Jim Beam is getting really creative.

Devil Doc said:
Proper maple syrup should be easy to drink and taste pretty good too. I often mix 3/4 rye to 1/4 real maple syrup as an after dinner drink. Some folks in Montreal make a similar drink from Canadian whisky and maple syrup. It's not as good as mine though. Their's is only 40 proof. :whistling:

Doc
The stuff you sent me, I had a hard time NOT drinking it out of the bottle

bfreebern said:

Doc
The stuff you sent me, I had a hard time NOT drinking it out of the bottle
I thought that stuff was just a legend.....

Agreed. I keep waiting for the consumer push back on all this crazy messed mixing of ingredients.
Beer should have 4 ingredients, water, barley, yeast, and hops.

Stop F'ing with something that already tastes great !!!

Doc,

I suppose if that's what you are looking for, it is tolerable.  I've had a couple women say they ended it.  

I'll stick by my initial take on it due to it not being a bourbon I'd care to drink.  I truly enjoy Knob Creek but this stuff is just waaaaaayyyyy to sweet.  May keep it for the holidays and make some bourbon balls out of it.

I'll admit I rarely mix my bourbon, so I may not be the best to critique this swill.  :whistling:

Floyd T.

SKYDIVNEKD said:
.......if you smoke acids, you may like this swill.  

That is the best sentence ever!  I have seen this stuff around the stores here but it never looks like it is selling.  Knob Creek, the regular not the maple, is ideal for manhattans.  I hate that you suffered through the drink of this one but thanks for taking one for the team...

I had an old fashioned with the regular knob creek. Excellent!

Thanks for the tasting notes.  Never have liked Acids or any other flavored, adulterated beverages or cigars.  I guess some of the distilleries are trying to match the success of the flavored vodkas.  Don't misunderstand, mixing two or more components is a mixed drink not a flavor infused beverage.