• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mr. Moreno had passed

ilikefishes

The man behind My Cuban Wheel has passed. This is a very sad day and I hope they carry on his work. Thoughts and prayers sent to his family.

This is probably the more appropriate forum for it, anyway.  Very sad news, indeed.  I think I'll light one of his up tonight.  

kann said:
This is probably the more appropriate forum for it, anyway.  Very sad news, indeed.  I think I'll light one of his up tonight.  
Me too!

I wish the best for his family, and will remember him as soon as I can.

I love their cigars, and hope they can find a way to continue.

Tim

Very sad news.  I just recently enjoyed one of his smokes from a sampler I bought when they first came available.   Thoughts and prayers to his family.    

Shecks said:
Very sad news.  I just recently enjoyed one of his smokes from a sampler I bought when they first came available.   Thoughts and prayers to his family.    

Sad news indeed. I have to find that sampler and open it up to celebrate his Life. Godspeed Mr. Moreno...

Wow, I communicated with him several times. He was a very nice fellow. I never did get around to ordering any of his cigars, though. 

Godspeed.

That is horrible. Does anyone know if MCW cigars are still out there to purchase?

Wow, sad to hear this news.  Thoughts go out to his family and friends.  And I echo the sentiments about the good smokes!

This is sad news.  I feel like he was on to something great with his business philosophy and his product.  May his work continue successfully on.

Which cigar did you guys enjoy the most?...the Liga I or the Liga II?...and what would you compare them to?

I can't remember. I smoked all to fast wish I had some still aging.

As far as I can remember just a solid stick, plenty of smoke, nicely rolled with a good burn.

ironpeddler said:
Which cigar did you guys enjoy the most?...the Liga I or the Liga II?...and what would you compare them to?
I always bought the Liga II (after I bought the sampler and figured out that's what I liked). As Kona mentioned, a lot of smoke, even burn and no plugging issues. For my tastes it was somewhat similar to a Torano Exodus with the copper band.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Well it looks like Mr. Moreno's family sold the remaining inventory to Atlantic Cigars in PA. They will send out an email blast to their customers about the acquisition very soon.

ironpeddler said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Well it looks like Mr. Moreno's family sold the remaining inventory to Atlantic Cigars in PA. They will send out an email blast to their customers about the acquisition very soon.
You beat me to it.

UPDATE: before Moreno passed away he indicated that the would love if somebody would continue with MCW, the ideal company to do so would be, Atlantic Cigar company so as we speak we are in the process of moving the MCW inventory over to http://www.atlanticcigar.com/ we will have an email going out soon to all the people on the MCW mailing list and Atlantic will do an email to 60.000 + people on their mailing list. We hope that on this way Moreno's dream will be continued.

I've only had two so far from that sample box he put together both the I & II in the robusto size, and what I remember saying is "damn, I'm impressed!"  I buried the box at the bottom of my cooler cause I wanted to "forget" I had them and then rediscover them in a year or so and be really excited to smoke them again.

Gonna fire up a few this weekend.