• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

....Range Day...!

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Youngest son and I took some of the rifles out and thew some lead downrange last week.  Always big fun, getting the rifles dialed in nicely.

Pardon the crappy cell phone pic:

gallery_1565_604_21367.jpg

Top to bottom:

- Son's 20" AR build.  Thomas found a complete 20" Colt upper which kicked off this project  Finished it up with an assembled 2Vets lower and a Spykes Tactical lower parts kit.  An A2 stock completes the 'vintage' A2 build.  Iron sights.
- My 'cheap' AR build.  Found an Olympic Arms complete upper at the gun show for a steal.  Assembled the lower with a 2Vets lower and a Palmetto State Armory lower parts kit and stock.  Cheap 3X9 scope on top.  Shoots great...!!
- My fave AR.  A Bushmaster custom upper with a 20" fluted match barrel.  Trigger group worked over by my friends at Brimstone Gunsmithing; crisp, not so much light.  An ACOG TA01 on top.  Shoots fantastically.
- Son's new Savage .308.  Complete from the gun show with a factory synthetic stock, Weaver scope.  First time out it had feeding and trigger issues.  Got it back from Savage, worked perfectly this time out..!!

I'm working on a short M4 style AR with all the goodies and toys on it, but there's something my son and I both like about the classic A2 platform.

I've been taking my boys shooting since they were old enough to hold the .22 rifle.  Always fun, always a good time.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Way to go......a Dad being Dad is always a great thing.