• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for to share with my son - in 18 years

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Hey Guys, it's been a good while since I posted much here. What can I say, life has kept me busy. My wife is pregnant with our first kid, a boy. I'd like to get a box of cigars to share with him when he turns 18. What brand do you think would hold up and still be enjoyable after 18 years in the humidor? I plan on having one a year on his birthday but would like to have a couple left to introduce him to cigars when comes of age. Thanks for your thoughts an input.
Jon

If it was me, it would be a long smoke. In order of preference:

Cohiba Esplendido
HU Sir Winnie
Monte A

Congrats brother!

I was doing the same thing with my son, but my mentor and great friend Infinity once told me, smoke your best all the time because when He's old enough to enjoy it, it will taste like shit anyways!

Granted, that wasn't the yearly smoked, but the ones saved for 18 years. To each his own though, I was just passing along hidswords of wisdom.

It will probably be easy enough to source a box that has aged well from either a fellow BOTL, at auction, or vendor as opposed to rolling the dice and picking up something now to age.

I'm doing this also- I got a box of WOAM to smoke and enjoy and smoke with him when he graduates high school

I have a box of Bolivars that I wanted to do this with...but I might have to change it to when he graduates preschool.

Hopefully in 18 years, legislation hasn't taken away this right.

Light this! said:
If it was me, it would be a long smoke. In order of preference:

Cohiba Esplendido
HU Sir Winnie
Monte A

Congrats brother!

These ^^^^

You can also add Bolivar Corona Gigantes to the list.

Congratulations first of all. I bought a box of Hoyo de Dieux slb and my son turns 18 in November. He is looking forward to having one with me. Saved the whole box. Hopefully they have held up. I think I would buy whatever you like. Back when I bought them Cuban cigars were known for aging well and in fact required some age IMHO. Kind of a fun thing to do. Maybe get some nice wine With his birth year as well. Saving that of course for the legal drinking age in your state.

H. Upmann Sir Winston is a classic and it's been documented over and over that they're one of the best if not the best cigars to age. I've had the pleasure of smoking a handful of Sir Winston's that were aged 25+ years and all I can say is WOW.

Backslide said:
H. Upmann Sir Winston is a classic and it's been documented over and over that they're one of the best if not the best cigars to age. I've had the pleasure of smoking a handful of Sir Winston's that were aged 25+ years and all I can say is WOW.
Man...wish I'd known that like a year ago...