• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 5 we are full!

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
We've had a great time the last few years and I hope to have the same type of league this year. This will be a 10 team league and spots go to last years owners with the exception of Rock's and maddog's spot since neither is active here other than the occasional HERF or "what's in your glass" post. If there are some that don't play this year, then the remaining spots will be open to the general public with additions at my discretion. Previous owners have until Aug. 15th to commit to the league. After that, I'll open up the remaining spots to the general public.

Like last year, the league will be set up through ESPN and we will have a live draft on SUNDAY August 31ST AT 8PM EST!. I've had to do a lot of juggling around with the drafts due to accommodate peoples schedules. This year, there will be a set date and time that WILL NOT be changed. I would prefer that you be at the live draft, but I know life can get in the way sometimes, so if you can't make it for some reason, no big deal. Just set up your autodraft before the draft begins.

Standard ESPN scoring with a few minor changes I made last year to ramp up the scoring and change the way you look at the draft. I've tweeked the scoring just a little and changed the amount of waiver pickups to 30 in a season. Here is the link to be able to check out the league scoring.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=50873

I may do some more tweaking of the scoring later on to make each weeks match ups a little more exciting and interesting. I hate seeing those 80-72 scores, so the adjusted scoring will take care of that. This also will make you do your homework on the draft now also so you know who breaks the big run, who gets 10 catches a game, what kicker has the strongest leg, etc.

There are rules for joining this league and if they are not followed, you will be blackballed from further leagues (not just mine, because I will make sure you don't get in another CP league if the first rule is broken).

1) You MUST stay active in the league! If your team is crappy and you give up on them, you will forfeit any prize that would come your way. Things happen where you might not be able to access a computer but if you have two weeks where no changes are made (multiple starters on bye weeks, no visible changes from bye weeks) then I will end your season and CP FFL career.

2) Respond and offer trades. You don't have to trade if you don't want to, but if someone offers a trade, be courteous and at least respond to them.

3) Lastly, when trading, after you hit the accept button there is no going back. Once you accept a trade, it will be voted on by the league. If it is upheld and you decide you want to take it back, thats just too bad.

In past leagues, we had people "forget" about their teams and it made for people to get easy wins and advance into the playoffs so I will be adding prizes to the total package so EVERYONE, down to the last week of the regular league season, has a chance to win something. I figured this would be the easiest way to keep interest in the league, so here is the prize breakdown.

1st - $375 (4 $75 entry fees)
2nd - $225 (2 $75 entry fees + a ~$50 fiver from team #9
3rd - `~$75 and a fiver from team 10
4th - Free entry

Most points by a single player - the team that players scores against must send the winner a fiver totaling ~$50 in cigars
Largest team point total for 1 week -  the team that loses against the highest weekly scoring team must send the winner a fiver totaling ~$50 in cigars.

Places 1 and 2 get to keep their entry fees along with receiving their winnings.

This is not a first come, first served league either, so don't let your feelings get hurt if you're the first one to say "I'm in" in this thread and you don't get accepted (if you're not one of the previous owners)! Post your interest here in the thread or pm me letting me know.

IF YOU CAN'T STAY COMMITTED TO THIS LEAGUE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME IT'S GOING, DON'T SIGN UP!

No asshats allowed. So, if you think you're an asshat, or you think others think you're an asshat, or others do think you're an asshat, steer clear of this thread.

This years participants:

Jonesy
sonuvabum
nashkicker
drunkfish3
BigJohnnyFootball6904
ironpeddler
:monty:
Doc Wylie
{tpc}
Brickhouse

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=50873&teamId=1&seasonId=2014

in will need to see if i can draft from my phone or pay for internet in my room in Atlantic City.

Since we are now full, I would appreciate it if everyone accepted the invite into the league, made any team name changes, and let me know of any problems by 7pm EST next Sunday. I want this thing to go as smoothly as ever and ready to go come draft day.

This should be a strong league with few problems. I think this league we have more members with more total CP time than ever, so let's have fun and make it a good year.

Thanks for having me Brian.  I am looking forward to it all!

Looking forward to it Brian. 
Thanks for inviting me. 
Gary

If any of you have suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace (like it will matter anyways)  :laugh:

Let's have a vote on the draft date. Time is not negotiable, it will be at 8pm EST. We can keep it after the last preseason games on Sunday August 31st or we can have it on Sunday August 24th after the SF/SD game and roll the dice with the Arizona/Cincinnati being at 8pm. I'm doing this because I know some of you may not be able to do the original draft because it will be Labor Day weekend. 

EVERYONE must vote and it must be done by this Sunday @8pm EST. I've never allow this before, but the 4th preseaon game is when scrubs are fighting for jobs and very few injuries occur. Just remember there is one IR spot in case you need it. There will need to be 6 yeas for either one of the dates for it to be changed so there's a majority. I will refrain from voting until it's over or I don't need to vote, whichever is needed. 

Just remember, a week early takes you out of the running for final cuts, waiver wire pickups, and possible injuries, so don't vote for the 24th just because you're having a bbq and will be drunk on the 31st! (Gary R.). There are only 30 waiver wire pickups throughout the year so this can also affect your thinking.

Have at it boys!

Both dates are equally challenging for me, and I anticipate having to auto draft no matter what.  So I'll just stay with what's already been scheduled and vote 31st.  But it's no big deal to me.

Sorry guys, haven't been on the forum much, real life getting in the way lol!  But I am trying to catch up.  Anyways, the 31st works best for me. :)

Looking forward to another year!!

Scoring has once again been changed, so look it over. Also, the divisions have been realigned by last years records to make things fair.
#'1,3,5,7, and 9 are in the east, While 2,4,6,8,and Jake are in the West

VOTE ON THE DRAFT DATE!!

I'll make whichever one work, no probs.

Jonesy said:
Scoring has once again been changed, so look it over. Also, the divisions have been realigned by last years records to make things fair.
#'1,3,5,7, and 9 are in the east, While 2,4,6,8,and Jake are in the West

VOTE ON THE DRAFT DATE!!

Dick.

Does the 31st count as my vote?

Thanks for the realignment...wouldn't want it to be too easy on me with jake in my division..;)

fuck-you.jpeg

Yeah I remember playing FFL with Jake one year. 
He really burned it up. 
:whistling: