• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Fantasy Football 2 - 2014

modo22

CP Fantasy Football 2.0 2014 season is here.  Some changes have been made this year from years past and we are ready to give it a go!  I for one can not wait to be stressed out on Sunday’s and either hate waking up Monday or be in such a good mood I bring in donuts for the office.  Among some of the changes, we have adjusted the scoring slightly and changed up the positions in a few areas.  I have added the below 2 links of just the previous 2 years threads for reference, if you care.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/74548-cp-fantasy-football-2-2013-whopper-wins/
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/72452-cp-fantasy-football-2-2012-tall-paul-wins/

Here are the rules to CPs 2nd FFL league;

1. Entry is 6 cigars.  This is a mixed stick league of 10 teams. MSRP has been set at a minimum of $8.  ISOMs and NCs allowed.  Use your judgment, no dog rockets.  I hope this is not a problem. 
2. First place gets 3 sticks from each player total 27 sticks. Second place gets 2 sticks from each player total 18 sticks. Third place gets 1 stick from each player total 9 sticks.  We use a Banker system; all sticks will be sent to the banker by September 12th along with $3ish cash to compensate for shipping the winnings. Banker will be Tony this year, thank you for stepping up man! 

3. First place sends something cigar related to last place. Cigar, cutter, cap, t-shirt, etc.

4. Last year we had some issues with activity.  So this is being stated for this year and stolen from Brian’s league;
 ** You MUST stay active in the league! If your team is crappy and you give up on them, you will forfeit any prize that would come your way. Things happen where you might not be able to access a computer but if you have two weeks where no changes are made (multiple starters on bye weeks, no visible changes from bye weeks) then I will end your season.  A member on standby will take over your team at that point.  Things happen, unfortunately I get it, but speak up if there is an issue!

***as of today 8/5/14; the league is full.

Any member of CP is eligible and if you post here you are in and there is no objection for the league, then you are in.  If you post you are in and not put in the lineup this year, no hard feelings please.  We use CP's 4 month rule and activity rule. NO ASSHATTERY applies of course.

This is a fun league!  I just hope to not take 3rd for the 3rd straight year!!!!

LIVE draft will be Saturday August 30th at 8pmEST.

Teams as of 8/5/14

TEAM MANAGER
  1. Jonesy
  2. Doc Wylie
  3. Beyond the band
  4. Modo22
  5. {tpc}
  6. Whopper
  7. BigJake6904
  8. Nashkicker
  9. Tall Paul
  10. Golfanatic

As John Madden would say.....FOOTBallllllll   !

Is this the explosive kegs between my legs league?  I just accepted my invite.  lmk is thats wrong.

Golfanatic said:
Is this the explosive kegs between my legs league?  I just accepted my invite.  lmk is thats wrong.
That is an old one, with some confusion the last year there were two leagues by mistake.  I will get you the correct invite.  PM incoming.

Edited original post.  League is full.  Draft date TBD here hopefully shortly.  Good Luck everyone!

Ok, league is updated with new scoring settings for this year.  Based off the voting that has happened through group PM, this years line up will consist of:

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/RB, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN . 

Draft talk has been back and forth.  So here are 2 options to move forward on; please pick one that works best for you.  I have and will try and make this work for all or as many as I can, but in the end we need to set a date. 

Saturday August 30th, 8pmEST
or
Tuesday September 2nd, 8pmEST

Sounds good. I'm fine with either date.

First Choice-   Tuesday September 2nd, 8pmEST

Second Choice-  Saturday August 30th, 8pmEST

League has been updated.

This years league, "Unloveable Locker Room Bullies";   LIVE draft will be Saturday August 30th at 8pmEST.

I like it!! Keeps the flavor.
I haven't decided for sure but I may do the Doc thing and auto draft. Couldn't hurt. I'm leaning but I also have a book and have been listening to a podcast so I think I may know something, lol

Just a reminder, our Live Draft is a week from today; August 30th 8pmEST.

Also, We use a Banker system; all sticks will be sent to the banker by September 12th along with $3ish cash to compensate for shipping the winnings. Banker will be Tony ( {tpc} ) this year, thank you again for stepping up man!  I will PM addy out again as a reminder after the draft.

Man I can't wait for football!  BigJake you gonna draft your boy Manziel?

Golfanatic said:
Man I can't wait for football!  BigJake you gonna draft your boy Manziel?

He's fun to watch...and I think he will do well....but I'd never draft a QB in their first season...

Anyone know how much time we have in between picks?