• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Broblues and his wish

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
 I've been talking with Steve on the phone fairly regularly for the last month or so, so I have a little more insight than you guys do on what's going on. When I talked to him Tuesday night, he gave me the green light to discuss what we've been talking about. 

First things first, here's the prick side of me. I gave Steve a wish in the MAWPIF a while back and he didn't want cigars,alcohol, gifts, or anything like that. He wanted flowers for when his time came. I wasn't putting the horse before the cart, I wasn't sending him to the grave early, I was conveying what he had asked for and he was quite explicit in what it was being an arrangement. It kind of pissed me off that some of you decided to take it upon yourselves to come up with different things that you thought would be better for him. Some of you were even agreeing by "voting" that's what you thought also. This has nothing to do with you or what you want. Steve doesn't want ANYTHING from anyone, he just wants to be remembered by the community he loves. It got to the point he told me he couldn't read the MAWPIF thread any longer.

Steve started his thread about not looking for sympathy because he wants to educate people on cancer, he doesn't want people to pity him or feel bad for him, he wants them to know that this can happen to anyone, at anytime, at any age and is trying to share his knowledge because he's read everything he possibly can to learn about what's going on with his body. He knows this is terminal, he knows there's always hope, and he's one of the most inspirational people I know.

Realistically, he knows that getting to Christmas is a stretch, so instead of making him feel uncomfortable with the shit that I ended in the other thread, take some time to get to know this wonderful man. 

I gave Steve a wish and he wished for an arrangement for when he passes, so lets make that happen. This is a community that rallies around members and I know that better then anyone, so let's rally around a man that is realistic and wants to be remembered.

If you want to help, you can PP me a donation whether it be anonymous or you want to post it so we can give this man the one thing he wants. Anything left over will be sent to his wife to help defray any costs she may need help with.

My PP is panthers55@bellsouth.net and I will keep a running public total here in this thread. 

The one thing I ask is that this thread not turn into a pissing match because you don't like something I've said, because I really could give a shit to be honest. If I've turned you off by saying that, I'm sorry and I'll make sure that Steve gets his wish if I have to do it myself.

As Brian has stated, we have spoken frequently as of late.

My wish isn't for a cigar or a bottle of booze. Although I love both. 

I was asked to make a wish, so I made it a very simple wish.  I couldn't wait to make it because I really don't know when too late will be.  It isn't that I have a death wish or that I am rushing anything.  Actually, I have been told I am doing well and of course, I am giving it my best shot. 

The only way I can make this wish is to still be here to do it.  ;).  If I'm not, then, it's not my wish. 

Please don't get frustrated with Jonesy or myself.  It is a way to let the people in my life know that you guys and this site have great importance to me, as well as the rest of you.

My intent isn't to offend.  I'm sorry if I have. If you don't care to participate, don't participate.  No harm, no foul. :D

Thanks Brothers and Sisters,

Steve

8/8/2014      $100

Total to date is $290

Thank you guys, this means a lot to me and I know it means the world to Steve.

If you do make a contribution, would you please include your CP name in the "comment" section of PP for me? I know most of you, but there are some names that I'm not sure of and this way I can thank you and let Steve know also..

Thanks.

8/9/2014     $100

Total of $540

You guys are amazing!

I know that we've raised a good bit so far, but remember, the rest goes to the family so let's keep it going!

This community never ceases to amaze me...  

Jonesy - Thank you for doing this...

9/7/2014   $75
9/7/2014   $15
9/8/2014   $30

Total  $910