• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damndamndamndamndamn.

Depression is such a horrible disease. I've lost a few friends to this. :(

Robin, I hope you found peace brother. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, you will not be forgotten.

The wife and I were just discussing this! I'm shocked and deeply saddened!

I couldn't believe it when I saw it on Instagram, I thought that it was one of those fake news people be making up, especially since it's a suspected suicide. Very sad news indeed. RIP.

jfields said:

Horrible is a strong word but I wish there was a stronger word that we can use.  Depression is a crippling killer that takes too many people too early.  I hate hearing of Robin Williams passing and I can only hope that his death sends an even louder message about how horrible depression is.

punk_lawyer said:

Horrible is a strong word but I wish there was a stronger word that we can use.  Depression is a crippling killer that takes too many people too early.  I hate hearing of Robin Williams passing and I can only hope that his death sends an even louder message about how horrible depression is.
Really dismayed to see people already posting how selfish he is for doing what he did to his family. I wish those people could walk a mile in his shoes, or anyone else's suffering from depression.

I'll miss his comedy and movies. My thoughts go out to his family.

Had I heard he OD'd, I would have shaken my head in frustration and believed it, much like when Philip Seymour Hoffman died (and Oderus Urungus, for us metal fans).  This, however, is completely unbelievable, even though I know it's real.  It pains me.  

I too saw this earlier today.  He made a lot of people laugh.  Think I might have to watch Dead Poets Society in his honor when I get a chance.

RIP.  One of my favorite actors.  What a tragedy.

Definitely a sad day and a tragic loss. Very talented individual and f'in hilarious. One can only hope he found peace with himself on the other side. RIP

What's shocking to me is what age he came to this at, most celebrities get overwhelmed at a younger age. So it's surprising to me that he went through so much of his life and had a family and still went through this now.

A tremendous loss...

Many don't realize how prolific his work with the USO was.  I saw him in late 2004 at Al Udeid AB, Qatar when he was on tour with John Elway and Leann Tweeden.  Robin had a routine about the horrors of flying in a C-130 that still makes me laugh ten years later... I wouldn't do it justice in repeating it, but if you know the Herk, then you'd get it.  After the show he shook hands and posed for pictures with EVERYONE in the audience.  A lot of celebrities do the USO thing for PR and quite obviously don't really care about their audience members.  That was certainly not the case with Mr. Williams.  He was warm and genuine and will be missed.

Nanu, nanu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XYphrgRzU

jfields said:

Really dismayed to see people already posting how selfish he is for doing what he did to his family. I wish those people could walk a mile in his shoes, or anyone else's suffering from depression.

You've got that right. The agony of depression is harsh.  Selfish is very far from the target.  Frankly, its a bit of measuring stick as to how far the depression had gone when you see that he had family, friends, colleagues, and fans that cared so much for him.  All of that...and nothing.  Depression had closed that away from his consideration.