• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Cellar Reserve

Pugman1943

Last night was herf night and with all the news being about the Gurkha Cellar Reserva I bought one for $13.

This became breakfast this morning, with coffee. The following is a quote from the web.

The Gurkha Cellar Reserve is truly a horse of a different color. Elegantly blended using 15-year old Dominican long fillers and hugged by an oily and stunning 15-year old Criollo 98 wrapper, the Cellar Reseve epitomizes vintage tobacco blending. Never rushing the hands of time, K. Hansotia spent countless hours creating and perfecting this elusive and satisfying blend, and it shows. Upon lighting, the Cellar Reserve immediately asserts a rich and smooth bouquet beautifully displaying the tobaccos at hand. Pay close attention, as this treat subtlety delivers uber-complex flavors behind a slow and methodical burn. Puff after puff reveals unbelievably smooth flavors of oak, earth, and leather backed by a medium to full body. The experience is a nothing short of epic as each draw keeps you in suspense of whats ahead. Packaged in attractive wine-style crates, the Cellar Reserve looks the part of a finely aged spirits, and rightfully so.

This was the Hedonism Gran Robusto.

Great looking stick, nice wrapper with minimal veins and a great rat tail head. Initially felt hard packed.

A dry draw produced a note of Chardonnay wine. Clipped the rat tail perfectly and lit up.

Spice, a light spice that took five draws to bring up some smoke. Nothing more, no follow through and nothing on the back end, front end tingle, no back end.

Every draw was an effort to produce smoke and the spice remained but I did not detect and other taste profile. Even going through a French inhale did not tingle the olfactory sensations.

The burn was decent, but the ash looked rough, no smoothness, pretty much dark grey.

Had one major touch up, it it didn't matter at this point.

I don't see what the fuss is about and I don't see more in my future. Other sticks, ISO, DOM and NIC by better manufactures will easily beat this and at a lower or price point, all our tastes are different so the opinion is mine.

For my BOTL's here on CP, don't waste you money.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like another "pretty" cigar of little depth and substance.

You paid $13 for a Gurka? First day on the beach, huh?

Doc

Not really Doc. Unless you try you don't know. Besides, I can go to my B&M and tell them and my fellow herfers.