• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flor de Las Antillas by My Father

diapanos

Banned
*****************************************************************************************************

These are made by Joya de Nicaragua, not My Father. I've got about 1/2 a box left. It's an ok budget smoke, but definitely on the full side. I picked up the 20 count of the 448 for $34 from CBid and felt like I got what I paid for. Thanks for the review!

********************************************************************************

I have smoked plenty of Flor de Las Antillas and not once did I think to myself "YUCK."  I'm actually half way through my second box. My 02.

Love these cigars....but to each his own.

Thanks for the review.

I've found storing these at a slightly higher Rh tones down the spice and draw. After it sat in the bottom of my coolerdor for a while(67rh), I enjoyed much more.

*********************************************************************************************

Honestly, DPG and family have quite a few cigars that start out too spicy for my tastes.  However, I know they fade pretty quickly and I'm left with a great smoking experience.  I can agree with you on the spice piece.  Sometimes it's just too much.  But about 10 minutes into it, it normally fades.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a favorite stand by of mine, I find the flavors complex and an all around great smoke!

DPG makes some very good cigars. Haven't had one I didn't like. 

You should try an Opus X Belicoso xXx.  One of my all time favorites. 

diapanos said:

DPG makes some very good cigars. Haven't had one I didn't like. 

You should try an Opus X Belicoso xXx.  One of my all time favorites. 

Thanks but if you're talking about  these
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=305
they're a bit out of my price range. Unless I only buy a couple.

The Opus X xXx...nicknamed the "Power Ranger" (4.625 x 49)...  MSRPs @ $10.25. They can be picked up with a $1.00-$2.00 premium over MSRP frequently - please don't use that website for your pricing knowledge.

There are some great threads in the Cigars Pass Forum archives about how to establish cost for trading and passes on CigarPass. Worth a little research!

In the research or Opus? I've seen and read the reviews on some of the cigars that you've been smoking and buying. If you buy one good Opus and three crap cigars that you didn't enjoy and probably put down, then do the math - let me know what's better in the long run. A good cigar is enjoyable and rememberable. A crap cigar is just that - crap. As Doc always says " Life is to short to smoke crappy cigars."

The cigar smoking experience is meant to be enjoyed. 

************************************************************************************

diapanos said:
 I'm not interested in the passing and trading on here.

That is fine - but the research will improve your knowledge of reasonable prices for cigars purchases.

Just stay in touch on here and keep researching diapanos. As you become more comfortable I bet you become interested in what the community can offer in this regard and in your overall cigar enjoyment. But no issues with you pacing yourself, you should.

[SIZE=11pt]Each smoke of Flor de las Antillas delivers a discrete range of flavors, with observations of cocoa, pepper, charming cedar, and earth.[/SIZE]