• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rosalones by Joya de Nicuragua

diapanos

Banned
Size toro

Wrapper is a dark brown. Vey dry and paper-ish. Very smooth
Tastes like a very dry leather

Pre-light smell is odd -  Can't really put a name to the smell

20140906_092220 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

1st third
Upon lighting I am greeted with a mouthful of spice. Not a hot burn-a-hole-in-your-tongue taste.
Just a smooth mild non-peppery spice.
The first inch/half inch is nothing but this smooth spice but then it transforms into a nice dry papery leather flavor.
This is not what I'd call a sweet cigar. It has hints of sweetness without ever actually becoming sweet if that makes any sense.
Burn is fairly even. No tunneling or canooing to be ghad here.

20140906_100103 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

2nd third
Same as the 1st. Burn is still even. Flavor's the same as the 1st 3rd.

Last 3rd
Burn is a little uneven but there's still no sign of tunneling or canooing
20140906_101237 by thrynokrates, on Flickr
Flavor is the same as the 1st two thirds.
I would also like to point out that this cigar didn't smoke hot or harsh as I got towards the end.

Overall a very nice smoke.
Would I buy these again?
Definitely 

Cool. I could swear I bought some of these to see how they are. Totally had forgotten. Also have not had time to really sit and smoke a cigar for a few weeks.
I want to try that JdN new release too, I think it is "Red" or something like that. I used to smoke Pre-Sandinista JdN and still rank those among the best cigars I've ever smoked. Wish they could duplicate that old blend.

whylieineedacigar said:
Thanks for the review. Someone gifted me one of those a few months ago. I must try it.
I think you will enjoy it.
I think they're just as good as cigars that cost twice as much.

diapanos said:
Thanks for the review. Someone gifted me one of those a few months ago. I must try it.
I think you will enjoy it.
I think they're just as good as cigars that cost twice as much.
I agree it is a very good smoke even at double the cost.