• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Serie G Natural No 6

diapanos

Banned
I think I have another favorite here!

size No6 Gordo (6X60)
Wrapper is very dark for a non-maduro (The maduro is almost black!)
The wrapper is very dry and paper-like. Almost looks like brown parchment paper.

This is a very well made cigar
Very solid no soft spots. Seems to be wrapped very tight.
20140907_110719 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

prelight
Prelight draw ids kind of vaguely chocolaty
Wrapper has a very pleasant funky musty smell.
Tastes like leather

1st 3rd
on first lighting up I get a little spice/pepper. Nothing nasty or harsh.
.Flavor almost immediately fades into a sweet leather/almond flavor with a little something else hard to desrcibe.
No bite or harshness at all.
No spice or pepper either so if you like spicy/peppery cigars this ain't for you.
The draw is very nice. A little tight but not so tight as to be unpleasant.
The smell is a wonderful toasty almondy aroma.

2nd third
Same as the 1st. No real changes no surprises.

Last third 
Still the same Very predictable cigar.

I would say I got to about an inch before the label before it started smoking hot but it never got unpleasant just hot
although the pleasant flavors were pretty much gone at that pointy and replaced with hot. Not peppery or spicy or harsh just hot.

20140907_112957 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Would I buy these again?
Absolutely!

I'm not sure if it came with that crack or if I did that somehow.
I remember a few cigars came looking a little roughed up but I don't remember if that was one of them or not.
My hygrometer was reading 71% when I pulled this on out of the humidor so I don't think it was anything I did.

The crack is usually a humidity issue or sometimes construction. Could have been before you added it to your humidor.

chiefmd said:
The crack is usually a humidity issue or sometimes construction. Could have been before you added it to your humidor.
My hygrometer's saying 71% so it probably came that way