• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Family Reserve 85 Years

diapanos

Banned
Accompanying drink hot tea and it was 56 degrees out (brrrrr)

Another very well made cigar. It has that Lincoln Log feel that I really love.

Pre-light sniff is a dark musky hay. Very pleasant.
Pre-light draw tastes like hay.

20140911_152252 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

1st third. 
No spice!!!!
I'm hooked already!!!
Upon lighting I get what pretty much remains for the entire cigar.
A very pleasant leather taste. Not dry bitter or acrid just full and very smooth.

The draw is absolutely perfect. Very nice the way I like.
What's the point in smoking a cigar that you have to work at getting the smoke through?

This is also one of the best smelling cigars I have smoked yet.
It's very toasty smelling kind of almondy and sweet but not Swisher Sweet sweet.

2nd third
Pretty much just like the 1st
20140911_153250 by thrynokrates, on Flickr
20140911_153746 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Ash stayed solid for a very long time. The only reason I finally flicked it off was because I didn't want it to fall in my tea.

Last 3rd
Leather flavor remained but it was joined by a nice thick non-sweet syrupy flavor. Almost like molasses.

20140911_155207 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

So...Would I buy these?
Oh yeah!
They're expensive but they are definitely worth it.
Don't know when I'll be able to get them but they are very high on my to-buy list.

EDIT
I forgot to mention that this was a gift from 

Kxthor911
from the Make a Wish thread.

Glad you enjoyed this one bro. Padron is one of my favorite brands and it seems like you enjoyed it to. 

Now your smoking some of the good cigars bro.  :thumbs: You can taste the difference right? BTW, thanks for the review!

ETA: I would go easy smoking all those cigars as you may toast your palate. Ease your way up to smoking multiple cigars per day especially the stronger ones. I smoke several but I also smoke CC's which are milder.

Light this! said:
Now your smoking some of the good cigars bro.  :thumbs: You can taste the difference right? BTW, thanks for the review!

ETA: I would go easy smoking all those cigars as you may toast your palate. Ease your way up to smoking multiple cigars per day especially the stronger ones. I smoke several but I also smoke CC's which are milder.

I was sure smoking the Man O War and then this Padron later would leave me sick as hell but it actually didn't.
Neither one made me high either.
I wonder if it's because I felt so shitty before me kidney failure was diagnosed the cigars just don't have a hope in hell of making me feel that bad.

I think what Kris meant is that you will not be able to discern the flavors as well. After all when you smoke a $15 Padron Family reserve you really want to smoke it slow and enjoy the flavors. Otherwise you might as well be smoking cigarettes :). If you do choose to smoke multiple clean your palate in between and when you want to smoke a more expensive smoke slow down and enjoy it. 

Kxthor911 said:
I think what Kris meant is that you will not be able to discern the flavors as well. After all when you smoke a $15 Padron Family reserve you really want to smoke it slow and enjoy the flavors. Otherwise you might as well be smoking cigarettes :). If you do choose to smoke multiple clean your palate in between and when you want to smoke a more expensive smoke slow down and enjoy it. 
Where are you seeing these for $15.  Its friday and I'm about to jump in my car and hunt these suckers down.

Great looking stick...and great review.  Thanks for sharing.

Greggj77 said:

Where are you seeing these for $15.  Its friday and I'm about to jump in my car and hunt these suckers down.

Great looking stick...and great review.  Thanks for sharing.

PM sent. About prices. If anyone else needs this info. shoot me a PM I will gladly help you out.