• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez Seleccion no. 4 Exclusivo Asia Pacifico 2010

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Juan Lopez exclusivo Asia Pacifico 2010 selección no. 4

Box code
PRA JUN 10

Pre light
Solid smoke, neither light nor heavy in hand. Beautiful colorado brown wrapper. Cold aroma of sweetened coffee, hay, and well aged tobacco. Flavors at cold, hay and cedar, with slight sweet earth. Very nice firm but open draw.

cbd872148bdfea0eefec33de34374342.jpg

1st third

First few puffs, leather and well aged tobacco. Aroma is sweet and fragrant. 1st third continues with leather, hay, and cedar sweetness in background. Pretty good smoke production, not a chimney like some DE but for a habano, it's smoking nicely. It continues with leather, a nice roasted black coffee, a mixture of walnut and cashew like flavor is present along with a faint white pepper spice in background. Ash is burning light grey and burn line is ok, a little curvy but not erratic.
c69b163faa5686fe6da03d524a115d54.jpg

ec80efdc602e32162757f6bc7b835e0e.jpg

2nd third

Nutty and leather flavors dominate, a sweetened black tea flavor is present. The white pepper is faint in background. Wonderful aroma continues like sweet cedar and hay. Midway through 2nd third a soda bread flavor appears, black tea and leather dominate, along with slight cedar sweetness. White pepper is still vaguely present. Aroma is still the same and very pleasant. Sweetened coffee replaces black tea near the end of final third.
ec7d43aa9a584d51c53637490ccf1595.jpg

Final third

Sweet walnuts and coffee dominate. Soda bread flavor comes and goes. Aroma unchanged and pleasant. Smoke output is steady and nice. Burn has been pretty consistent and self correcting. Sweet nutty flavor and coffee dominate. The soda bread becomes more orange peel. Very pleasant and enjoyable. Walnut flavor is more a roasted almond/cashew mix and continues sweet.
Sweet nut and orange peel flavors dominate at the end.
bf50a8f15c9ce25b573c4e01a0c29f00.jpg

Overall a solid medium/full smoke.
Great flavors, great smoke output, solid self correcting burn, pleasant aroma.

I give this 4.5/5

Excellent stick!

Thanks to Kris for the chance to smoke this.

Final smoke time:
1 hour 10 minutes.

Highly recommended average price for a regional edition, around $13.50 a stick or $340 a box of 25.

Well done, C.

I smoked my first Juan Lopez a few weeks ago. Thanks to a generous CP brother. I loved it. I did get a lot of impressions of coffee and nuts. Great profile for my preferences.

Nice job, looks like you enjoyed that sunny day!

Nice job C, Kris is the one who turned me on to the JL brand... Love the Obus the best...

Nice review C. Bill, the Obus are very good but trying to find box is another story.