• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some things don't change...

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
I was at a "couples wedding shower" (when in the world did us men give up and start having to go to these?) this past week, and the host offered some of us "apple pie moonshine".  I took a healthy sip, and said thank you, while knowing in my Southern raised mind "That's way too sweet to be apple shine".  Some one then proceeded to corral the men folk out to the pool to smoke cigars.  He handed us some Monte 2's he came by through a friend of a friend.  A visual and touch inspection, and half a puff later, I thanked him and asked a couple of questions about cigars.  Four questions later, he asked me what I thought, and I told him to get the box.  I pointed out the obvious "fails", then pulled out an unburned cigar.  Pointed out more flaws.  Referred him to some high end retailers, and advised him to try the real thing.

I smoke maybe 3 to 5 a month, my "stash" which used to be huge is now under 30.  But I still smoke superb cigars, and drink cheap whiskey.  I started a challenging career about 3 years ago, which I love and hate.  Also, I don't know if I ever said anything, but I am about to approach a year of marriage.  Lord, I wish I had sinned and lived together first.  At least then I would know I wasn't getting married just to have someone to clean and cook!  :cool:

Welcome back brother, good to hear from you....... :)  :thumbs:  :cool:

Congrats KayakinBoy. Just read your post, and it made me laugh. Thank you. Marriage is diificult at best, but it has produced the best thing that has ever happened to me. My little girl turned four this past May. :)

That aside...I remember a friend telling me an old wives tale before marriage. You will get a mason jar as a wedding gift. For the first year of your marriage, you will place a bean in the jar after having sex with your wife. After your first year of marriage, you will spend the rest of your life trying to get all the beans out of the jar.

Fourteen years later, I can say the old bastard was right.

LOL! :(