• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Undercrown Liga Corona Doble 7x54

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
[SIZE=medium]The Undercrown Liga Corona Doble is certainly worth a try, if you’ve got an hour or two.  This is by far, the longest smoke I’ve encountered, coming in at two hours to the nub.  However, I was never overpowered by its 7x54 massiveness (Until I stood up after 2 hours)J[/SIZE].  I purchased this cigar at the local B&M, during my weekly stop there and I was out the door for under a $10 spot.  If you’ve not yet tried a cigar from this line, please grab one, it’s sure not to disappoint.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar: $10.00[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Undercrown Liga Corona Doble[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]7x54[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Description of Strength/Profile:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Medium/Full[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Smoking Time:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]120 Minutes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar Aged:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]From B&M Shelf and smoked in lounge[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigars Reviewed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Tobacco:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wrapper: Mexican San Adres Negro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Filler: Nicaraguan Habano[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Binder: Connecticut Habano/Brazilian Mata Fina[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Procurement:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Picked up at the local B&M [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.davidus.com/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Construction:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Excellent construction, very densely packed and had a good cap applied.  The wrapper on this stick is thick, I cannot recall having a cigar with a wrapper that’s thicker…  The weight of the cigar is noticeable and upon picking it up for examination, thoughts of using is as a blackjack race through my mind, if needed of course…The wrapper has tons of tooth, and a perfect dark milk chocolate color…I’m absolutely impressed…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Pre-light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Smells good, deep chocolate smell…
Clip the cap and I’m on!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Pre-Draw – I’m hit with a smooth chocolate flavor, and in my best Michael Buffer “Itttttttt’s Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]As I strike to matches and raise them to toast the foot I’m hit with a nice tobacco smell, and more chocolate combined with the sulfur from the matches….Willy Wonka ain’t got shit on this candy….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Smoke:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Out of the corner of my eye, I thought, for a split second that I saw Augustus Gloop and that I might secretly, be carried away.  But, it’s not the case, as I’ve got the golden ticket…and a front row seat to filling the lounge with superfluous amounts of smoke.  I’m puffing like a power-plant.   A couple puffs about 30 seconds apart and I’m heading into the first third. Nice smooth chocolate taste, and a hint of pepper to keep it interesting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The initial flavors hold true and I’ve got 2” of ash on the stock, it subsequently fell, shortly after taking the picture.  I’m hitting this stick like the cure to ebola was on the other end of it, I can’t put it down.  Smoked it all the way through a series of PTI and I decided I needed a Dr. Pepper to go with it…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The flavor continues, with a change to more pepper and a hint of fruit, trailing in…Definitive change in flavor…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A solid hour and a half in and I’m literally getting my ass kicked, I’ve never smoked something this long, or hard.  Time to put it to bed, I carry on and am rewarded with that same smooth, chocolate taste, and slight hint of pepper once again, reminding me of the earlier portions of the stick.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Rating:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9/10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Must buy, really that’s all there is to say. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Construction excellent[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Burn Good as it gets[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Draw perfect[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]When the funds allow, I will be buying a box and I keep finding myself liking the sticks that Drew Estate is throwing out there…[/SIZE]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12108]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12107]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12106]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12105]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12104]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12103]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12102]

Very nice review. I used to smoke them when they first came out. I still have a few in my humidor and it's time to revisit them.

Appreciate it, I added some pics of the smoke.... 

Whylie, I must agree....

These are great on the golf course.   Rarely go out - last 9+ holes. 

[SIZE=11pt]Thanks for this nice review. I am enjoying this cigar right now. It's still good for me.[/SIZE]

I love the undercrown line. The cost and flavors are right in line with my pallet and wallet. I have a box of these and the robusto. Another one to try if you like these are the CAO Flathead in the sparkplug and camshaft size, some of the same flavor profile.