• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This Would Suck! Whiskey From Scotland Going Up, If...

In the absence of AVB, let me just say It's WHISKY.

Doc

There are lots of factor to be vonsidered. Like the gvt help he farmers are gettibg to grow the barley that goes into the product, will all the taxes be equivalent, would other distributer aside the European one take advantage and buy more of the available stock, what currency would Scotland choose.

Hopefully the product does not change quality and price wise because that would indewd suck a lot of balls.

I'd have to find a replacement product that fits the bill and it would not be that easy IMO.

I thought I heard at a scotch tasting that 65% of the cost of a bottle of scotch was taxes and tariffs anyway.

The government is already taking theirs!

The tax factor applies to US bourbon as well. I did a tour at Buffalo Trace a few years back and the guide explained that one reason aged bourbon was more expensive (and this is in 2007 before the current boom) is that Treasury/ATF tax the barrel each year. So, evaporation and taxation means that most of what is paid in a bottle of 23 year Pappy is taxes.