• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crowned Heads, Jericho Hill - Willy Lee 6x54

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
[SIZE=medium]The Jericho Hill (Willy Lee 6x54), is a newer release from what has quickly become my favorite company (Crowned Heads).  I rate this Cigar a 94 and if you’re a fan of anything that Crowned Heads has produced, this will be right up your alley.  This stick is a box-pressed badass![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar: $8.75 (Box Price)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Crowned Heads – Jericho Hill (Willy Lee)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]6x54[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Description of Strength/Profile:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Medium/Full[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Smoking Time:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]130 minutes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar Aged:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Aged 3 weeks in Humidor before smoking @ 79%[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigars Reviewed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Tobacco:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wrapper: Mexican San Adres Negro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Binder: Nicaraguan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wrapper: Nicaraguan [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Procurement:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]I picked up a box of these from an online retailer, after not being able to get them at the local B&M.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Construction:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Excellent construction, very densely packed and had a good cap applied. The wrapper on this stick is thick and there is a hard feel to the wrapper that shows off its strength.  The cigar is densely packed and there are no soft spots.  It is heavy.  There are minimal veins apparent on the stick and there is a very slight grain / texture, which gives the stick tremendous grip.  Perfect chocolate coloring!  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pre-light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Smells good, chocolate smell…
Smells of wet hay / barnyard
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Smells of leather[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Clip the cap, perfect cut, cap is constructed excellently.  No bubbles, no troubles…and I’m off…..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Pre-Draw – Maybe a bit of spics, smooth leather taste…

Light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Raise up the Xicar to toast the foot and it’s already starting great, the thick wrapper resist burning up, when I accidently hit one side too much… Raise it up and start to puff…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Smoke:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Nice smooth chocolate taste, and a hint of pepper to keep it interesting and I would not ask more smoke out a cigar, and it’s bellowing….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]***Of note, this stick has, what I consider to be excellent off-grey, almost yellowish smoke, during the whole stick.

1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The initial flavors hold true to the retrohale delivering the chocolate and leather, with  hint of spice…and this cigar has held it’s ash very well…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The flavor continues, with a change to be a little smoother than even the first 3rd[/SIZE]…and progresses back towards spice. 

[SIZE=medium]3/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This stick winds it out with rich cocoa and spice… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Rating:[/SIZE]

94/100

[SIZE=medium]I nubbed it and smoked it well past the band, probably about 15 minutes worth of smoking, it stayed easily smokeable, not getting hot, and still producing the off-grey smoke that I love…I only nub cigars that I really like…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Construction excellent[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Burn Good as it gets, Zero touchups, nice grey/light grey ash [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Draw perfect[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]I’ve got a box that’ll probably not make it to Christmas…I now know what I want for Christmas….[/SIZE]

Loved this stick!  Smoked my first one at the start of the month. 

Great review, reminds me I need to grab another.

Great review!

You say you keep your sticks at 79%? or was that a typo?

Nice review.
I saw some Jericho Hills somewhere on line and I was wondering if they'd be worth trying some day
Now I know.
One more to add to the mile long list....

CigSid said:
Great review!

You say you keep your sticks at 79%? or was that a typo?
Typo yes, thanks for catching it.....69%

And, pictures forthcoming....

Pics...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12122]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12120]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12121]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12123]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12125]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12124]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12126]