• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estate - Herrerra Esteli Norteno' (6x50 Toro)

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
[SIZE=medium]Drew Estate – Esteli Herrera – Norteno is a newer release from Willy Herrera (looks like half a gorilla, the man is huge). I rate this Cigar a 94 and if you find yourself liking a full cigar with the deep earth flavor, pepper, and hits of sweet, it may be for you!  This really is a full cigar IMO, by the time I was finished at about 1.5 hours I was spinning and struggled to get in the door to the house… I swear it was not the beers [/SIZE]J

[SIZE=medium]Also of note, I picked a series of these up from a Meet and Greet at the Local B&M, Willy was there… Cool cat, hard to hate on… Better than decent deals on combos, despite a little higher than normal price IMO…I wanted to get  a box, but they were sold out before 6:30 when I arrived. I would suspect it was a great turnout, and I’ll look forward to attending more…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar: $12.25 (Each Price)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Drew Estate – Esteli Herrera – Norteno[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]6x50 Toro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Description of Strength/Profile:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Full[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Smoking Time:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]85 minutes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigar Aged:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Straight off the shelf from the local B&M[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Cigars Reviewed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Tobacco:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wrapper: Mexican San Adres’ Negro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Binder: Nicaraguan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wrapper: Nicaraguan [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Procurement:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The local B&M.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Construction:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Excellent construction, very densely packed and had a good cap applied. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This is beyond a box press – almost into oval shape.  I mean squished flat, narrow profile from the side. (See Pictures) I’ll upload later.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The wrapper on this stick is thick and there is a hard feel to the wrapper that shows off its strength. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The cigar is densely packed and there are no soft spots.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]There are minimal veins apparent on the stick and there is a smoothness to the wrapper, very little if any tooth.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Nice deep chocolate coloring! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Pre-light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Nothing but barnyard…deep barnyard smell.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I could smell the couple of these I picked up in the cab of the truck, the whole ride home.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Smell great IMO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Clip the cap, perfect cut, cap is constructed excellently.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Pre-Draw – Nothing but barnyard…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Light:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Raise up the Xicar to toast the foot and it’s already starting great, the squished foot is extremely easy to light… Raise it up and start to puff…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Smoke:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Good smoke, smooth draw, with the right amount of resistance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]As with my previous review of sticks with the San Andres’ Wrapper, the smoke is of yellow variety (At least I think it’s the wrapper responsible for this…?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Like a karate kick from Chuck Norris, I’m hit in the mouth with deep barnyard, and spice… [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Towards the last portion of this third there is a refreshing hit of sweet, very nice change in the profile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]2/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The maybe 10 puffs of sweet dissipate into deeeeeep leather.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Deep Earth and remains deep through the rest of the portion.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Kind of a flavor profile that I’ve not yet experienced before…very unique IMO…Almost nutty…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]3/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]More of the deep leather and a return of the spice…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Deep nuttiness sits on the tongue and in the mouth long after the cigar is finished…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Rating:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]94/100[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I nubbed it and it stayed smokeable, not getting hot, and still producing the off-grey smoke that I love…I only nub cigars that I really like…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Construction excellent[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Burn Good as it gets, Zero touchups, nice grey/light grey ash [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Draw perfect[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I need to get a box, when the time comes, I’ll probably do a split on it….[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]If you’re a fan of full flavored cigars, with the earthy tones, leather ad spice, look this one up.  Drew Estate has another winner on its hands…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pictures to come when I get home....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Thanks for reading....[/SIZE]

jsm11 said:
[SIZE=13.5pt]1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Like a karate kick from Chuck Norris, I’m hit in the mouth with deep barnyard, and spice… [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Towards the last portion of this third there is a refreshing hit of sweet, very nice change in the profile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]2/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The maybe 10 puffs of sweet dissipate into deeeeeep leather.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Deep Earth and remains deep through the rest of the portion.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Kind of a flavor profile that I’ve not yet experienced before…very unique IMO…Almost nutty…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]3/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]More of the deep leather and a return of the spice…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Deep nuttiness sits on the tongue and in the mouth long after the cigar is finished…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Rating:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]94/100[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I nubbed it and it stayed smokeable, not getting hot, and still producing the off-grey smoke that I love…I only nub cigars that I really like…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Construction excellent[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Burn Good as it gets, Zero touchups, nice grey/light grey ash [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Draw perfect[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I need to get a box, when the time comes, I’ll probably do a split on it….[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]If you’re a fan of full flavored cigars, with the earthy tones, leather ad spice, look this one up.  Drew Estate has another winner on its hands…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pictures to come when I get home....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Thanks for reading....[/SIZE]

I'm just glad Chuck Norris didn't roundhouse kicked you because otherwise, this review would've never made it to CP.

Very nice!

Great review and right on the money across the board. I tried one a couple of weeks ago and it really snuck up on me that last third leaving me staggering for the kitchen seeking cinnamon rolls and a spoon full of sugar.

bucfan444 said:
Great review and right on the money across the board. I tried one a couple of weeks ago and it really snuck up on me that last third leaving me staggering for the kitchen seeking cinnamon rolls and a spoon full of sugar.
I smashed two bowls of white bean chicken chilli In an attempt to recover.... Tasted good!

Glad I'm not the only one who got whooped....lol

Pics...
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12131]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12127]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12128]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12129]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12134]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12132]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12130]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12133]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12135]

Same wrapper as the Liga #9 & Undercrown, I can't wait to try it out. Still can't get them in my area.

Wow, this review was really deep...
deep earth flavor, deep chocolate coloring, deep barnyard smell, deeeeeeeep leather, and a deep nuttiness on the finish! 
I think that Chuck Norris kick went deep... lol.
Thanks for the review!