• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione MC Slam - 6x54 Toro

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
The Illusione MC Slam (6x54), is a new  limited edition release (limited to 200 boxes of 25) straight from our friends in Hawaii.  This is is the first Cigar that I've smoked from the Illusione brand and wasn't quite sure what to expect upon ordering it.  What I knew, was that it would be a limited edition stick, right in my price range, and wrapped in San Andres' (which I happen to love).  I rate this Cigar a 95 and if your looking for a creamy, nutty cigar, that finishes truly unique, it may be for you.  If these are still available, do yourself a favor and find a box, or split.... The finish and overall smoothness to this cigar is unlike anything else I've experienced.  And, this is likely the best $8 stick I've ever smoked...It may be the best cigar I've smoked period.... I'd have to lay my hands on a choice Padron 64/26 to make a fair comparison.  The blend and everything else, just flat works for me and bank account is shrieking as I look at all the other Illusione brands that I now must try.... 

Cigar: $8.50 (Box Price)
Illusione – MC Slam
Details:
6x54
Description of Strength/Profile:
Medium/Full
Smoking Time:
130 minutes
Cigar Aged:
Not one bit...straight from the USPS lady to my lips :)
Cigars Reviewed:
Tobacco:
Wrapper: Mexican San Adres Negro
Binder: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Nicaraguan

Procurement:
I saw Marvin on here advertising that there was a new blend available and I had to have it....

Construction:
Excellent construction, and a solid stick, with no soft spots.  However, there is a little give to the cigar when pressed.  The MC Slam is heavy and it's immediately apparent that this will be a long smoke. 
There are minimal veins apparent on this stick and there is no raised tooth.  It's smooth, but with a little texture.
Perfect chocolate coloring and all sticks in the box match....  

Pre-light:

Smells of leather and earth
Clip the cap, perfect cut, cap is constructed well enough and all three caps are gone...I'm left with a perfect box pressed top to smoke with.
Pre-Draw – Smooth leather and nutty

Light:

Although I took pics with the Xicar, I used cigar matches to fire it up.  Strike two matches and hold then just out of reach of the tobacco to warm it up, rotating the cigar to evenly apply the heat.

Strike two more, and it's time to get to business, it's lit perfectly...
And as I'm finding with the San Andres Wrapper, it's hard to burn it up, the filler light like it should and the wrapper holds true...

Smoke:
Hmm... A little kick of pepper or sweet spice for two or three puffs and it's gone...

Immediately, the smoke coming from the wrapper is grey and the smoke leaving my mouth is yellowish.... 
I can even see the difference from the front and butt of the cigar, nice grey on the front and yellow bellowing out of the butt.

1/3:
The initial puffs of spice have faded and we're into a blend of leather, earth, creaminess and nuttiness...

2/3:

As succinctly as I would shift gears in a car, I feel the change to the second third and it's now become a little sweeter.
I'll readily admit the superfluous verbiage used to describe cigars is a little ridiculous, trying to compare smoke flavor to tangent things...  
However, the caramel which has emerged and overall creaminess becomes more potent and I'm really enjoying this stick.  It's flat out tastes for quite a few puffs like I'm eating caramel chews....

3/3:
This stick winds out with something new to my palette, saltiness in a cigar, right on the tip of my tongue.
I can taste the saltiness right at the transition point. 
A mix of the smooth creaminess, salt, and cocoa are now on the palette...
Excellent end to this stick....

Rating:  95/100

Construction excellent
Draw Superb
Burn Good  - Zero touch-ups, nice grey/light grey ash
Smoke - That nice off-grey yellowish that I'm partial to
I’ve got a box and will likely split some out of, when I'm allowed....others should have this experience as well....
Creamy, Nutty, Salty, Earthy and an overall smoothness that I really dig.  I really can't get over the saltiness and the smoothness....

Very unique blend IMO and truly awesome smoke....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12144]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12145]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12146]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12147]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12148]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12149]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12150]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12151]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12152]

Pugman1943 said:
Ok, now I'm curious. Who wants to do a split on some fivers?

PM Sent...
Thanks for the reviews all, the feedback is greatly appreciated...

I picked up a five pack of these and they are growing on me to the point I'm thinking about getting a box.

I realized RField Wine had a store near my work so stopped by and they had some singles so picked one up. I am 1 inch in and loving this so far.  Marvin if you see this let me know if you still have some boxes.

oke&coke said:
I realized RField Wine had a store near my work so stopped by and they had some singles so picked one up. I am 1 inch in and loving this so far.  Marvin if you see this let me know if you still have some boxes.

I do have some boxes left.  When you are ready, let the store know and they will get you one.

Mahalo,
Marvin

Awesome.  I work over by the Kapolei store so will check with them after work tomorrow.  Thanks.