• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antique Collection Stagg, Van Wilnkle, etc

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I just talked to a friend of mine who is a salesman for a local distributor and the goods are in the warehouse and going to the retail stores in the next day or two.

Thanks for the heads up golfgar.  I'm determined to get me some Pappy this year. :p

Things appear to be getting crazier and crazier with these releases.  I was hoping the bubble burst but, that doesn't seem to be the case.  Fingers are crossed!!!

Thank you for the heads up! I got lucky last year and my wife was able to get me a bottle of 12 year Pappy. Hopefully I'll be able to get some this year as well!

Yeah, massive demand and not enough to go around. I've got feelers out for Pappy, but I think my odds of getting any or a full set of BATC this year are pretty lean.

I only chase the Stagg . . . this year my local Spec's is requiring your key card # to even get on the list, and Andy, the liquor manager, says it'll probably be determined by purchase points.  I have a, uhhhhhhm, surprisingly high point total, so I'm hoping.  But last year they only got ONE bottle of Stagg, and even though I was #1 on the wait list a high end steakhouse got it.  :angry:

~Boar

Gentlemen, I got this info from an online blogger that dedicates himself to helping people find some BTAC & Pappy. 

From the blogger:

*Please Read: Each state is highlighted once one bottle is reported. Generally, that means that store, and a lot of times that city, is already sold out. This map isn’t an official release tracker from Buffalo Trace but a network of bourbon drinkers looking to help each other. Stores are dealing with smaller allocations and greatly increased demand. Please be understanding of this fact. Happy Hunting!*

BTAC Release Dates:

9/19-9/21 – First released Maryland
9/23 – Wisconsin is second to the BTAC party
9/24 – Kansas
9/26 – Two reports of BTAC in Southern Illinois.
9/30 – BTAC strikes off another midwest state. Michigan now has Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. Add West Virginia to the list
10/4 – Massachusetts (Attleboro for sure) now has BTAC.
10/7 – Kentucky (Louisville) is reporting BTAC
10/8 – Nebraska and California released Buffalo Trace Antique Collection today
10/9 – BTAC in North Carolina and Iowa
10/10 Arizona, Georgia & Nevada
10/15 Northen IL (Chicagoland) and now Washington DC
10/16 Mississippi (small allocation)
10/18 – BTAC is in East Tennessee and Indiana
10/21 – BTAC has arrived in Missouri and Delaware
10/22 – Pennsylvania Online only. North Dakota
10/23 – BTAC has hit Minnesota
10/24 – Florida has Buffalo Trace Antique Collection

Pappy Van Winkle Release Dates

10/23 – North Dakota becomes the first state to receive Pappy!
10/24 – Virginia is for Pappy! Maryland also receives Pappy today

bfreebern said:
Is this swill worth finding?

I think the BTAC is and probably more attainable than the Pappy. If any I'm looking to hopefully score some William L. Weller.

bfreebern said:
Is this swill worth finding?
It is if you can get it for MSRP or maybe a little markup. The flipping and gouging that is occurring though is outrageous. That said I won't be looking for it since it doesn't get to Hawaii.

Nothing in the Ga area that I can find. I am being told here that most is allocated to restaurants, and the local stores have it sold when it hits the dock.

If anyone has a line on BTAC or Pappy, please PM me. I have one pour of Sazerac 18 left, and no more Eagle Rare 17. If I could get just Eagle Rare 17 I would be fine. Even over a Pappy 12.

Cparker

Yea, I hit my locals, and no Pappy. A lot of them just say they don't put it on the shelf, and have regular buyers who don't mind being ass-raped.

Picked up a bottle of Stagg by chance.....pulled into a small liquor store when the truck was unloading, he got 3 bottles.  Had to buy a case of semi-decent wine to buy one at MSRP.  Not really hunting hard.  pappy?  I am not even planning on seeing it in any stores around here, it is down right ridiculous this year. I will live on my past year's stash and hope things calm down in years to come as people move to flavored crap.  A guy can dream can't he?

Not A Nice Person said:
I only chase the Stagg . . . this year my local Spec's is requiring your key card # to even get on the list, and Andy, the liquor manager, says it'll probably be determined by purchase points.  I have a, uhhhhhhm, surprisingly high point total, so I'm hoping.  But last year they only got ONE bottle of Stagg, and even though I was #1 on the wait list a high end steakhouse got it.  :angry:

~Boar

Same here, the sad part is I haven't always used my key since(up until now) the points didn't get you anything. I'm in a similar boat, so we'll see.

DePasta said:
Picked up a bottle of Stagg by chance.....pulled into a small liquor store when the truck was unloading, he got 3 bottles.  Had to buy a case of semi-decent wine to buy one at MSRP.  Not really hunting hard.  pappy?  I am not even planning on seeing it in any stores around here, it is down right ridiculous this year. I will live on my past year's stash and hope things calm down in years to come as people move to flavored crap.  A guy can dream can't he?

Yup. Tell everyone to "Please drink more Jack Daniels Fireball!"

10/27 - West Tennessee (Nashville) now has BTAC.

BTW, a buddy of mine picked me up bottle of 12 YR Pappy in Queens, NY and I paid a pretty penny for it. They also had a bottle of 20 YR for 1K. I talked to the owner about dropping the price to something reasonable. He refused and said "somebody else will buy it".  I can see a flipper gouging but damn a liquor store - please. I told him to keep it. It's a shame that the people that will enjoy it are getting screwed!

I understand building a relationship with your local liquor store and all that. What sucks in NH is that it's state runned and you never ever see the store manager.

Just after my daughter was born I was able to score a bottle of the Lot B at MSRP. Decided to save that one until she turns 21. There is just so much good bourbon and rye at decent prices it's not worth making some greedy SOB rich.

DePasta said:
You are one lucky guy. I was on two lottery lists this year and struck out. I tried to pry a bottle from the distributor but they would have none of it. I am thinking if I win the lottery I would open up a cigar and bourbon shop and then get all the goodies and save them for me and my friends.

Spoke with a few of the stores in my town.  Evidently this stuff is pre-allocated for the bars & restaurants & there is none for the general public to purchase.