• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knife Lovers - Cold Steel Laredo Bowie now in O1 Steel

MadMonk

I have a soft spot for some of Lynn Thompson's big knives. They are good looking pieces and the Carbon V Trailmaster that I have has been a beast. I have abused the hell out of it, and it is still perfect. I have wanted a Laredo Bowie for a while. When I read that they are now offered in O1 Tool Steel, I started my search in earnest. I found one for $135.00 and snagged it. O1 is an excellent steel for bushcraft, imo.

I wouldn't trust one of these as much as my Busse Blades for real hard use but, to satisfy me collector's urge, and get a real nice looking Bowie that is still pretty good for real world conditions, $135.00 fits the bill. It is really a fighter, and not a Bushcraft tool, but in a pinch...

If you've always admired the Laredo Bowie, now is the time to consider buying one. It is finally back to, or better, than the original model (I would suggest that O1 is just as good, and probably better than Carbon V Steel), and it is not that hard to find one heavily discounted.