• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Password Manager

Undegreed

You're unique...just like everyone else
Do you use one?

I currently use a PW protected spreadsheet that has all of my UN's and PW's. However the list is becoming very large and I'm just stupid enough to leave the file open on my desktop after I leave work...on occasion.  

I'm leaning toward "Lastpass" but figured it would be worth getting some input from the CP community.

I don't remember what it was called but will look it up later. It was a fingerprint protected thumb drive that you stored all that info on. It also had a small screen that would show the info you wanted so it didn't always have to connected to a computer. I do know I saw it on kickstarter, early 2013 I believe. When I get on my computer I can look it up and post some links. May be worth looking at.

oke&coke said:
I don't remember what it was called but will look it up later. It was a fingerprint protected thumb drive that you stored all that info on. It also had a small screen that would show the info you wanted so it didn't always have to connected to a computer. I do know I saw it on kickstarter, early 2013 I believe. When I get on my computer I can look it up and post some links. May be worth looking at.
I'm not smart enough to know how that would work. e.g. my tablet that does not have a USB port.

I have been using PasswordSafe for quite sometime... dunno what I'd do without it anymore.

grateful1 said:
Send them to me, I'll manage them for you!
This could work out. It would give me an excuse to stare at your avatar.

Undegreed said:

I'm not smart enough to know how that would work. e.g. my tablet that does not have a USB port.

I believe it does work with bluetooth as well so don't always have to plug it in.

I've been using Lastpass for a couple of years and LOVE IT. I can show ya next time I'm at the cave!

Backslide said:
I've been using Lastpass for a couple of years and LOVE IT. I can show ya next time I'm at the cave!
^ This. It's an excellent way to manage the sea of PWs!

I use CodeBook, it's an app for my Iphone.  I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost it.  It allows you to enter paragraphs of information and it has a search and export function.

I've been using eWallet by Ilium Software since my Pocket PC days.  I have it on the iPhone and iPad and they sync to the PC companion software...which makes it far easier to enter all your info.  It's more of an information manager than just a password keeper.  I use it to keep information about bank and credit accounts, vehicles, insurance, utilities, firearms, memberships and subscriptions, software keys...and a butt-load of passwords,

I used Roboform solely for years and recently started using LastPass. Love them both but I will be transitioning to LastPass as it offers better security IMO.

I just created a spreadsheet for my user names and passwords and I was amazed at how many entries I had. i wish I could just use one single name/password to keep it simple