• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Simplisafe Home Alarm

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone use Simplisafe?  Curious what your experience has been with them.  I currently am using a major brand name alarm company, however the monitoring cost keeps going up.  Thanks.

Rod said:
Does anyone use Simplisafe?  Curious what your experience has been with them.  I currently am using a major brand name alarm company, however the monitoring cost keeps going up.  Thanks.

I am considering Simplisafe too.  Let us know how it works out!

I agree with Gary. Get a big dog, or in your case a bigger dog!  :laugh:

I ended up getting SimpliSafe and am very happy with it. Very easy to install, and works great. Plus, I'm paying less than half of what I paid for ADT with a ton more features. If a sensor is triggered, I get a txt within seconds. I recommend them.  

Rod said:
I ended up getting SimpliSafe and am very happy with it. Very easy to install, and works great. Plus, I'm paying less than half of what I paid for ADT with a ton more features. If a sensor is triggered, I get a txt within seconds. I recommend them.  

What about the dog?!

Just got broken in over Thanksgiving, never had an alarm before, I was thinking about giving this a try with the basic $15/month plan. Let's see

We use a local guy. He does the installs himself and I'm honestly not 100% sure who actually does the monitoring, but we do know it works lol.

Anyways, you could always look for something like that around your area. I think we pay a flat rate of just $240 for the year. We don't get texts and things like that but he might offer it...just we have 3 cats so unless it's a true break in through a door or window, they would trip the motions all the time. So we just switched to glass breakage sensors in the places we had motions (which were turned off anyways).

I just recently had AT&T Digital Life installed and we're happy with it.

We are thinking about adding Simplisafe.  The only issue we have is our house sits in a HORRIBLE area for cell service.  Does anyone know if you can choose carriers or do they jus have one?  My options may be (from best to worst) US Cellular, AT&T, Sprint.  Verizon told us to keep the phones we bought, they cancelled 1.5 years of contract and told us to "...find a carrier that could provide us service.."

So, here we are!

Floyd T.

You can request which carrier you want and they'll load it up for you. They don't ask so you'll just have to tell them.

I know old post but am looking to get a system from them and wondering if you still use them or if you had any issues?