• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time waits 11 years for no one

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Well, it has been 11 years today since I first came out to bother everybody here at CP. Watched things go well and some not so much. I'm glad Todd has such a good demeanor or I probably would have been tossed ages ago  Made friends with people I'll most likely never see, had fun with the noobs and watched some of them stay long enough to get the real hang of this place.Like a faorite pair of jeans I'm pretty comfortable here.

As I do every year on my anniversay I present the 2014 version of IMPOSSIBLE TRIVIA.  This time you have to tell me what happened on the dates listed.  They all have to to with rock/pop and cars in one way or another. Name the song and artist if the date pertains to a song, name the artist involved if the date doesn't pertain to a song. The contest last year apparently was too easy since it only lasted a few hours.  That won't be the case this year. May the Google-Fu be with you cause you're gonna need it.
Tone-ny already won so the rest of you are playing for second place.

Rules.

Must be a member for at least 6 months and have 100 posts minimum. 3 guesses per day, I'll only tell you how many you got wrong, not which ones. In the event of a tie the tie breaker question (which does not pretain to rock/pop or cars) will come into play.  You can research it ahead of time if you want but you don't have to list it as one of your answers unless I tell you.

BIGJAKE WINS - All done here.

Good Luck!

Rock & Cars
1. July 4th 1964
2. April 12th 1966
3. January 15th 1972
4. March 28th 1981
5. December 31st 1984
6. April 8th 1988
7. October 3rd 2000
8 – Rush’s car song
Bonus – In 1964 this red Dodge 330 hemi was the terror of what street and who drove it?
Bonus – October 14th 1905
Tie Breaker – Krusty the Klown has relatives in this town and state.

[SIZE=11pt]Just for your edification and amusement, nothing to do with the contest, the story of the Hot Rod Lincoln - http://www.rockabillyhall.com/HotRodLncln1.html[/SIZE]

AVB said:
Well, it has been 11 years today since I first came out to bother everybody here at CP. Watched things go well and some not so much. I'm glad Todd has such a good demeanor or I probably would have been tossed ages ago  Made friends with people I'll most likely never see, had fun with the noobs and watched some of them stay long enough to get the real hang of this place.Like a faorite pair of jeans I'm pretty comfortable here.

As I do every year on my anniversay I present the 2014 version of IMPOSSIBLE TRIVIA.  This time you have to tell me what happened on the dates listed.  They all have to to with rock/pop and cars in way way or another. Name the song and artist if the date pertains to a song, name the artist involved if the date doesn't pertain to a song. The contest last year apparently was too easy since it only lasted a few hours.  That won't be the case this year. May the Google-Fu be with you cause you're gonna need it.
Tone-ny already won so the reat of you are playing for second place.

Rules.

Must be a member for at least 6 months and have 100 posts minimum. 3 guesses per day, I'll only tell you how many you got wrong, not which ones. In the event of a tie the tie breaker question (which does not pretain to rock/pop or cars) will come into play.  You can research it ahead of time if you want but you don't have to list it as one of your answers unless I tell you.

Good Luck!

Rock & Cars
1. July 4th 1964 - Beachboys' "I Get Around" reaches #1
2. April 12th 1966 - - Rocker Jan Berry crashes his corvette into a parked truck
3. January 15th 1972 - - Back to the 50’s - Dick Clark’s American Bandstand will present a special salute to the 50s on Feb. 5. Look for Little Richard and Flash Cadillac.
4. March 28th 1981 - - Grateful Dead live at Gruga Halle
5. December 31st 1984 - - - Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen loses his arm in a car crash
6. April 8th 1988 - - Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car hits #1
7. October 3rd 2000 - - Benjamin Orr, American bassist and singer (The Cars) dies
8 – Rush’s car song - - Red Barchetta
Bonus – In 1964 this red Dodge 330 hemi was the terror of what street and who drove it? - - Colorado Boulevard, The Little ole Lady from Pasadena
Bonus – October 14th 1905 - 1905 (The second) Vanderbilt Cup Race

[SIZE=11pt]Just for your edification and amusement, nothing to do with the contest, the story of the Hot Rod Lincoln - http://www.rockabillyhall.com/HotRodLncln1.html[/SIZE]

Nice start Jake.  3 wrong.

Tone-ny already won so the rest of you are playing for second place.

Congrats on the Anni Ray.  Great having you around.  You pulled me in early when I was a young member and I have always remembered your hospitality.

Thank you. I remember our little game too and I might even still have your Army picture in a file somewhere.

Brickhouse said:
Congrats on the Anni Ray.  Great having you around.  You pulled me in early when I was a young member and I have always remembered your hospitality.

Congrats Ray. Glad to have you part of the family.  :thumbs:

AVB said:
Thank you. I remember our little game too and I might even still have your Army picture in a file somewhere.

You would be the only one with that pic!

Congrats on the anniversary, Ray.  Always nice to see your posts.....especially the ones with breasts..... :laugh:

( Those would be female breasts, should any of you filthy animals wonder..... :p )

BigJake6904 said:

As I do every year on my anniversay I present the 2014 version of IMPOSSIBLE TRIVIA.  This time you have to tell me what happened on the dates listed.  They all have to to with rock/pop and cars in way way or another. Name the song and artist if the date pertains to a song, name the artist involved if the date doesn't pertain to a song. The contest last year apparently was too easy since it only lasted a few hours.  That won't be the case this year. May the Google-Fu be with you cause you're gonna need it.
Tone-ny already won so the reat of you are playing for second place.

Rules.

Good Luck!

Rock & Cars
1. July 4th 1964 - Beachboys' "I Get Around" reaches #1
2. April 12th 1966 - - Rocker Jan Berry crashes his corvette into a parked truck
3. January 15th 1972 - - Don McLean's "American Pie" Hits #1
4. March 28th 1981 - - Blondie - "Rapture" hits #1 
5. December 31st 1984 - - - Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen loses his arm in a car crash
6. April 8th 1988 - - Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car hits #1
7. October 3rd 2000 - - Benjamin Orr, American bassist and singer (The Cars) dies
8 – Rush’s car song - - Red Barchetta
Bonus – In 1964 this red Dodge 330 hemi was the terror of what street and who drove it? - - Colorado Boulevard, The Little ole Lady from Pasadena
Bonus – October 14th 1905 - 1905 (The second) Vanderbilt Cup Race

A couple edits

You have one wrong but since you don't need it since it is a bonus question and nobody else is playing - you won Jake!
Send me your addy by PM please

1A – The Beach Boys - I get around. We always take my car cause it’s never been beat...goes to #1
2A – Jan Berry (of Jan & Dean) wrecked his Corvette
3A – Don McLean – American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the levee… goes to #1
4A – Blondie – Rapture. You go out at night eatin' cars You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too Mercurys and Subarus from the album Autoamerican goes #1 (a double - Autoamerican - get it)
5A – Rick Allen wrecks his Corvette and loses his arm
6A – Billy Ocean – Get Out Of My Dreams, Get Into My Car goes #1
7A – Benjamin Orr founding member of the Cars dies,
8A – Red Barchetta from Moving Pictures
Bonus– Colorado Blvd driven by the Little Old Lady from Pasadena
Bonus – Billy Murray releases “In My Merry Oldsmobile” the first car song to reach the top of the charts (music publishing back then).  Billy also wrote "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" which did rather well too.