• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Bowl Pick-em League YEAR 4

modo22

And here we gooooo!

Glad to see Yahoo is doing this again even with the new Playoff scenario.  We will do this as we have in years past and it should be interesting.  Link below to last year’s league for your reference.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/75012-college-bowl-pick-em-leaguecontest-year-3/

It is a confidence points system, you pick the winner of each bowl and then assign it a number 1-39.  Team/player with most points wins.  In years past I have allowed teams to change their pick sets as the long bowl season goes on and I will allow it this year as well.  That means your picks and confidence # are locked in at kick off.

Updated 12/18:
** 5 sticks entry, $8 minimum on stick value. First and second place win sticks with first sending something to the biggest loser. If we get more players this year we may add a third place winner.  Open to all CP members, no asshats though as decided by the community.
Once everyone signs up we will all be on the honor system. I will assign who ships to whom once the winners are announced.

The honor system worked the last THREE years, we will do the same this year, do not screw it up!
Head over to Yahoo to sign up as soon as you can, Bowl games start soon.  I have sent emails to last year’s players with links to sign up.

Group Name:
CP Picks CF 'PLAYOFFS!?!?!'

Link:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/group/1891/join?key=

**Updated link, this one should work.  You will have to select Join group and enter in

Group ID: 1891
Password:
cigarpass
(please note, no space in this year’s password)

Post questions here.  I am asking again that once you sign up on Yahoo, please post here that you are in, and please pm me your Teams name, your CP name, your "real" name and your email and lastly, your address.  I MUST receive all of this info to make organizing the winnings easy on my little brain.  It was a pain a few years ago with out all of this up front and will help me keep this organized again this year.

This is alot of fun, in College ANYthing can happen, there is no sure thing (unless you are Jaimus Winston; in that case you can get away with anything as he and the NCAA have proven)!  Hope you can play!!
Thanks!

***Updated 12/11:
ETA: With the playoff this year looks like yahoo is making your confidence points top out at 39.  With the last game being available after the first round of the playoffs Jan. 1st 2015.  So pay attention to the point # assigned to each game as you will have one more pick to make come Jan. 1st.  Also, at this point, it appears you can only enter 1 entry per email.  If you want to make a second entry, you can use another email.

TEAMs as of 12/16/14;
Modo22
Drunkfish3
Tall Paul
StatHaldol
Smokin'Sims
Cookie
Melly
BigJake

if I haven't gotten your info through PM, please get that to me soon.

I am in.  So far just me and you.   Come on BOTL's, jump in, the water is warm...............

Can you resend the email to me? Somehow I must have deleted it or didn't get it...I'd like to play and when I click on the link it gives me an error. Email: jlilley417@yahoo.com

BigJake6904 said:
Can you resend the email to me? Somehow I must have deleted it or didn't get it...I'd like to play and when I click on the link it gives me an error. Email: jlilley417@yahoo.com
done.

Me as well I never got it.

Pharrisonjr@GMAIL.COM

Thank you

I am IN!!  Woohoo!! Also I am getting ready for the SEC Championship game this afternoon.  ROLL TIDE! MizzWHO?

giddy Melly

well, the bowl games are set....not sure why Yahoo is still not up and running with allowing us to make picks.  I hope they are still doing this, I would assume they would not have even allowed people to sign up if they didn't plan on making this a go this year.

Is everyone still having issues signing up?  I hope the new link in the first post is now working.
Let me know if its not.

(And worse case scenario, if they don't get this going, we can do this by paper and I'll keep track.)

Yahoo finally got their sh*t together....picks are up!

join now and get in the fun.

Still trying to figure out the multiple pick sets...may not be able to this year....might jsut have to do a fake email address....

I'm in a made some preliminary picks. I'll do more research later and change them. I'm going to plan on losing and leave my losing sticks for my wife to mail to the winner. 

Come on - We need some more players to make this interesting.   Fun way to follow the games.  

Yea guys, bowl season starts December 20th, that's this coming Saturday. Sign up now!

For those of you currently in this, how many of you wanted to do 2 entry's? It seems yahoo won't let you do it...so I'd be willing to take second entry's by hand. But the only kicker is you would not be able to adjust the picks once set on your second submission. You could pick the last game when it is known jan. 1st

cookie_1978 said:
Come on - We need some more players to make this interesting.   Fun way to follow the games.  
I agree!! Get on in here folks! It is a ton of fun and hey...think of all the smack talk you can do. ;)  I made my prelim pics as well but I need to adjust the confidence points.  I wish they would let me go ahead and put Bama and Oregon down for the Championship game ;) 

Tall Paul said:
Ones fine we can up the pay?
what do you suggest Paul?  4 stick entry?  5 stick entry?  Thoughts from the group?

Right now we have 8 players; so if on the high end we went 5 stick entry that's 40 sticks; 1st place gets 25, 2nd gets 15, 3rd gets to keep their entry.  Of course we need and should get more players anyways, but let me know if that is what you were thinking...

I'm down for whatever. 5 is fine by me. What does everyone else think?