• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

December 7, 1941 -- 73 Years Ago

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
We'll be attending a local ceremony here on base, as Pearl Harbor is understandably extremely hard to get around on today.  We are driving out to Bellows later and may see if Kaneohe MCAS is holding any ceremonies of their own.  In the past I have met quite a few December 7th survivors, and I've listened to every story that they have told (some don't have much to say about it, and I understand that, too...).  Fewer and fewer old timers around every year.  I'd love to talk to one or two here where it all happened.  The Greatest Generation, indeed...

DSC_3706.jpg

DSC_3704.jpg

DSC_3714.jpg

DSC_3715.jpg

There was a Master Gunnery Sergeant still on active duty when I joined that was a Pearl Harbor vet. He was part of the Ship's Company on one of the cruisers on that day and manned a machine gun.  He said that the 50 cal just went right through the Jap planes like shooting a paper target. Unless you hit the pilot or the gas tank they kept on going.

God bless all of them!  May the memories last forever and the gratitude survive as well!  

Floyd T.