• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your glass? 2015

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
Ok I will start this one.  Charter 101 tonight.  This thing is young, a bit hot yet not terribly so, but still has some nice grain flavors going for it.

Mitchers SB Rye whiskey.  Being a SB they can be hit or miss.  This one is a hit.

Ran through a nice line up of one of my favorite distilleries, Laprhoaig,last night watching the Pats tear apart the Colts.

Triple Wood, 18, Cairdeas 2012, and Cask Strength.  In that order.  I have to say the Triple Wood was the stand out for me.  Which is surprising as I was not a huge fan when I opened the bottle but, some time and air has definitely helped its cause.  

How did you like the Cairdeas? I had a couple of snifters at a local high end bar not too long ago and enjoyed it a lot. Even got two non-scotch drinkers to try it. I was surprised that they liked it, considering. I personally thought it was quite good but noticed it has gotten mixed reviews on the internet.

Doc

Had some Old Blowhard 26 tonight...followed by a glass of Blantons and Angels Envy.

Devil Doc said:
How did you like the Cairdeas? I had a couple of snifters at a local high end bar not too long ago and enjoyed it a lot. Even got two non-scotch drinkers to try it. I was surprised that they liked it, considering. I personally thought it was quite good but noticed it has gotten mixed reviews on the internet.

Doc
The bottle I have is the 2012 edition.  Last time I had it as a stand alone I remember liking it quite a bit.  This time felt it was a little out classed by its brethren (which are some of my All Time Favorites). I was not intending to do a Laphroaig tasting the night just kind of went that way.  In fairness, I had the 10yo CS right before which I think affected my tastes so I write this with that caveat.   

Honestly, it was pretty good but, my least favorite of the line up.  It had a nice profile fairly mild and approachable for the proof.  It had a little citrus like tinge and was far less smokey and peated and a little less rounded.  It also seemed to have a little harshness or tannic bite to it.  

I will revisit it on its own in the next few days and let you know my thoughts as I recall it being better than what i experienced this go around.  With all that, I thought the Triple Wood really shined. Which I thought was a bit odd as I would have expected the 18 and Cairdeas to be the stars.  They were all really good though and this is splitting hairs.  

Shared some Balvanie 17 Doublewood with a good buddy over the weekend. Gave him an Aston while I puffed on a Opus X Angel's Share. 

This week while I was out of town for work I had quite a few glasses of different whiskeys...

Barterhouse 20 (loved it...wish I could find a bottle)
Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel
Jim Beam Signature Craft Red Wheat (Not a fan)
Garrison Brothers Texas Bourbon
WH Harrison Governor's Reserve
Balcones Baby Blue (Not a fan)
Glenmorangie 12

Watching the Celtics game. Had 2 Sam Adams Winter lager. Finishing up with a glass of Johnnie Walker Gold 18 year. Love this stuff. Bought 4 bottles when it was on sale for $69.

Tonight:

1. Michters Small Batch
2. Single Oak Project 
3. Old Forester Single Barrel

As I have for the last nine years for my birthday I started out with a double of Glenlivet 50 and am now drinking Bowmore 30 the Sea Dragon bottle.  Gotta splurge once in a while.

Belated Happy Birthday, Ray!  Sounds like it was a good one.

So as to stay on topic, Woodford Reserve is my go to drink.  I have a bottle of Bookers in waiting.  She's staring at me from inside that box!

Floyd T.

Thomas H. Handy, finished my bottle then, wanted another rye so I hit the Willet Family Estate Single Barrel.   Both were very good but, the Handy was pushing excellence.