• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've bought a new home!

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
After searching, researching and debating, I've bought a new home!
Here's the lovely pile of dirt as it stands right now.

ETA of completion/move in 7-9 months.

b8aeca78af95c793cbc8e54654157f31.jpg

Here's videos of the model.

http://youtu.be/xxd_1dHrc_Y

http://youtu.be/LdASKss-fB0

Super excited!

Oh, ok.  Your a mole person.   :D 

Congrats on the new home.  Keep us all posted on the build.

Congrats....Flex Room = Man Cave...or Dad's Den. Or if you have the basement..I'd claim that immediately.

Congratulation on the investment! In my opinion it's still the ultimate American Dream we all strive for. Good for you and yours.

Congratulations! 

I still remember when mine was just a frame standing in a nearly empty subdivision, six years ago . . . and how good it felt to finally walk through the finished rooms!  

~Boar

Looks great! How long before it is built?

Congrats! New construction def the way to go when able. Your choices, your way. Best of luck!

Stated 7-9 months, sooner if progress is made during nice weather.

Thanks fellas!

Anyone here who's been through that process ever have any issues or questions about the contract? Is it normal or am I simply being overly concerned?

Thanks,

C

Go up to other houses in the neighborhood and knock on the doors to introduce yourself. Then ask what they thought of their experience with the builder, and if there are things you need to be on the lookout for.

You should be able to judge what's what from three or four people. Then use intuition to determine if if there is a "just no pleasing that guy" in the bunch. There's usally one or two in the subdivision.

Every builder has different contracts by state, etc., so where you're going to live is going to be your best resource.

Also, even the best builders make mistakes.... A certified home inspector can be worth its weight in gold, or simply peace of mind. Don't fall into the "It's new construction, we don't need an inspection trap". You just might not find much at all, or you just could be relieved that big thing was found before it was yours.

Be sure to research that inspector! Just like any profession, there are the thorough ones, then there are the ones who just whisk through and say.... "Looks Good!"

Great advice J! Many builds have no residents, but I. Sure I can find a few to talk to. The certified inspector is a MUST!

Congrats my Northern CO Brother. Jfields gave some great advise. I would only add that you should take your time on your final walkthru. Don't be so excited to move in that you overlook items that need to be fixed. Richmond is a big builder in CO so you ought to be able to find plenty of populated neighborhoods nearby. 

My wife's nieces Inlaws bought their home as a new build from RA a few years back and have nothing but good to say about them, again.... Perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid or overly cautious, but I usually am pretty meticulous when it comes to significant investments/purchases.

Congrats C!  It will be a long wait, but worth it in the end.  Your other contest should be how many times will you drive by in the next 7 months!!

Congrats Chris, barely a better feeling in life! :thumbs: