• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My .02 quick n dirty on Montecristo no.2

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
As if you need a review to seek this stick.

Box code: ALT ABR 13
Yep it's the "box code" from CA's top 25 no. 1 of 2013.

Thanks to Bill! (CigSid)

Appearance: wrapper was lighter than Colorado maduro you see on many montes, almost looking like a dark Claro/Connecticut oily wrapper with nice sheen, well packed, firm and solid in hand.,
Aroma at cold, fantastic, no cold draw as I lit this then cut it.

1st 3rd dominated by cinnamon and earth.
Mild/med

2nd 3rd dominated by cinnamon, leather and a cocoa dust flavor near the final part.
Medium

3rd 3rd dominated by leather, cinnamon, cocoa, and cedar sweetness with a graham and wheat flavor.
Medium

Overall 5/5

Excellent stick, would recommend a hand selected/recommended no2 if you have access.

Again, reminded me of why a great no2 is a great no2

Thanks for the review. I am gonna grab a box of 10... Looking forward to getting them... 

Great short 'n sweet review, Caesar.  I think the Monte #2, when it's on, is the most fundamental, must-try cigar in the world.  Hand selection is a must--with the hit or miss quality control on these, you cannot buy them blind.

I was very lucky to pick up a box from '13 from a great BOTL and this review is deadon.  I had to smoke one the other week and it is fantastic !

Recent #2's are hitting pretty good.  Just scored another box, looks pretty wonderful.

Thanks for the review C. I have a box of "ABR 13" but I don't think that they are from the "ALT" factory, I will check them when I get home.  They are looking beautiful and smell great, I'm planning on aging these for a few good years.

Nicely done on a vaunted cigar that has again achieved #1

Thanks

Hard to argue with perfection....

Likely my favorite cigar on thus planet me thinks....

Good review!