• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My .02 Quick n Dirty on Partagas Series D no.4

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Couldn't resist. Yep this one is pretty much ROTT.
Box Code: PMU JUL 14

1st 3rd: Opening is young, but with a nice Partagas earthy flavor. Great cedar and coffee aroma.

2nd 3rd: Flavors transition to slight spice, earth and coffee with a touch of cream, cedar sweetness is in the background. A very rich and satisfying smoke. Halfway through a nice nutty flavor joins the party.

3rd 3rd: Flavors dominated by coffee, earth, and cedar. Nuttiness continues. Spice is present in background still. Continues to be a very rich and satisfying smoke.

Smoke overall is a solid medium plus.

Recommend

Even young, I'm giving this a 4 out of 5.

I can't wait to see these develop.

Though these may not last,as I don't find the youth off putting.

You just reminded me that I have a pair from 2011 I should smoke.

lol...

Got to love it!

I hate the temptation.... :laugh:

Ok....now I'm salavating....can't wait to try these.

These are staples. One of a few boxes I try and keep two on hand at all times.

A friend gave me some box date 2006 back in 2006. They were probably among the most delicious cigars I've ever smoked. In my case, I liked them much more when fresh. The few I saved took about 4 yrs to get as good as the fresh. Always a toss up for me to smoke em all or age some. 

Party Ds are some of my favorites, fresh or aged. I kicked myself when I saw I'd missed your split thread, because I always buy them when I can.

MadMonk said:
A friend gave me some box date 2006 back in 2006. They were probably among the most delicious cigars I've ever smoked. In my case, I liked them much more when fresh. The few I saved took about 4 yrs to get as good as the fresh. Always a toss up for me to smoke em all or age some. 
I also had a great couple of boxes from that year- psp2 and Monty Edmundo. The psp2 from 05 was another winner.

Thanks for the review.  I've got a few of these on the way, although I haven't smoked one in years.  I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the review C!! This is one of the first CCs I'd ever smoked... they haven't disappointed yet.   

Is this the Robusto from Partagas? I've heard good things about the Serie D4. Can't wait to try it! :cool:

Thanks for your $.02, always one of my favorites.  I had one of the PSD4's and PSD5's in succession and i was surprised the flavors were pretty close.  Size matters.

Brickhouse said:
These are staples. One of a few boxes I try and keep two on hand at all times.
I agree.  these have been a safe buy for quite some time if you like the partagas flavor.