• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 COHIBA SELECCION PIRAMIDE 6.14X52

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
What your reading about today is a Cohiba Piramide from 2012 that measures 6.14x52.  I rated this Cigar an 99 and if youre looking for an cigar to ruin the your life, this is it.... This is the second Piramide that I've had; the one previous was from 2005 and graciously gifted to me by a fellow BOTL and it was equally as good, and prompted me to make the jump and purchase this when it came available.  I must thank another BOTL for taking such good care of these sticks and forwarding them to me.  A stick of this caliber is absolutely a celebratory stick and I was celebrating with my Father (he smoked its twin) and it's been quite some time since I've seen him.  He just rolled off a job and is heading to another good one.  So. regardless of the weather it was time to smoke.  We hopped in the truck and drove to town and back to enjoy the experience.  

If you smoke cigars (your reading this, you do...lol), you owe it to yourself to find one.  And, realize that following the smoke, you're now ruined for life... nothing else will compare.

Cigar: $25
Cohiba Piramide

Details:
6.14x52

Description of Strength/Profile:
Medium/Full

Smoking Time:
80 minutes

Cigar Aged:
From a BOTL's well kept stock to my coolidor to sleep for a while.

2012 Date of production June 2012
Cigars Reviewed:
Tobacco:
CC

Procurement:
Purchased here @ Cigarpass, many thanks for the opportunity to own some of these with a little age on them. :thumbs: 

Construction:
Excellent construction, solid stick, with no soft spots.  Cap is spot on, foot is well packed, not soft spots.  The wrapper is as vein free as I've ever seen.   There is a slight oiliness to this stick and the wrapper appears is thicker than some of the other paper thin CC's I've experienced.   

Pre-light:
Smells like the cedar it's been resting under and as I raise the foot to my nostril I get that smooth CC smell... I'm beginning to salivate at the thought of what's to come... :love: 
Smooth cut across the top and the cigar maintains its integrity.
Pre-Draw woodiness, cedar, slight hint of floralThey need to put this smell in an air freshener, lol!

Light:
I'm learning the correct way to light a cigar of this caliber and I raise the soft flame of a cigar match, rotate the stick and allow the flame to gently bounce against the foot.  Raise it up and one more match to make magic....

Hmmm... that's tasty :D 

Smoke:
Starts off with a strong taste of cedar and woodiness.  And, I figured I might as well begin to learn about the retro-hale on the best stick I'll ever smoke...
Retrohale and it's in my nostrils... Holy Snikes!@! :rolleyes: 

1/3:
Woodiness, cedar, some slight spice on the retrohale.         

2/3:
Transitions into spice and chocolate, hot damn!

3/3:
More chocolate, woodiness, cedar, spice, earth. All of the flavors are present during this last 1/3rd.

Rating: 99/100
Construction - Perfect
Draw Perfect
Burn Good - Burned good, disappeared quick though, I was trying to let it rest and asavor it, but I ws hitting it like it owed me money...
Smoke Adequate, not underwhelming and not like a NC like a Norteno, etc.... It was not billowing smoke, but it was always there and was enough.

I got a box of 10, (2) are gone now... the rest will sleep till I have something great to celebrate.  Maybe one during the 4th of July...

So, find one, ruin your life, and dream of what it'd be like to smoke these.  My Father rides sport bikes and has a saying, "I can't afford a Ferrari, but I can afford a bike that's as quick KTM 1190 RC8"
I can't afford a Ferrari, never will... I can't really afford a really nice race bike... But, I can afford the cigar a man in a Ferrari would smoke, once in a while... :)

Cheers, 
John

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12401]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12402]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12403]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12404]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12405]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12406]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12407]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12408]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12409]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12410]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12411]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12412]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12413]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12414]

Thanks for sharing good job. Now you are hooked on saving special occasion cigars and soon will need to more space for long term storage.

golfgar said:
Thanks for sharing good job. Now you are hooked on saving special occasion cigars and soon will need to more space for long term storage.
Yes sir, I am indeed ruined....lol

We'll done! This is a most excellent stick. Agreed that after smoking this your life is ruined.

That was quite a review. Sounds like a cigar I'd really love. 
That is quite compelling that your experience with the 05 was equally positive.

Nah, you haven't ruined your life. Think if it as having gained a great memory, and a solid reference to what constitutes something special.

Awesome review... Thanks for sharing!!

Excellent review, your description of the final third was almost identical flavorwise to what I experienced recently with a 2001 I was gifted. Flavor buffet....these cigars are pretty special.