• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP 2015 13 Run Pool Full

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
The pool has been officially started!

To sign up please PM me or post in this thread that you want in.

The entry fee is 3 sticks per team with a minimum value $8.00 as commonly determined by CP accepted standards.  Please post what you are sending just so everyone is clear.  If you have been around a while you will know this is a pretty common format for such a pool where everything is transparent.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Team to get all 14 scores receives winnings of 50 cigars
2nd Team to get all 14 scores 30 cigars
3rd Team to get all 14 scores 10 cigars

Normally at least one team each season gets all 14 different scores 0 though 13.  The pool manager tracks the scores.  The pool will not be reset, but rather continue until a 2nd team and 3rd achieve the goal of posting final scores of 0 though 13.  Last year, from looking at the results I think there were something like 8 teams that filled in all the scores.  If necessary ties for teams with less than the 14 scores filled in will be determined by the team who fills the most scores first.  (Tie example...So at the end of the season if there are 3 teams with 13 scores filled in, the first team to reach 13 different scores between 0 and 13 wins).

Entries are now being taken.  For the moment I think we should restrict entry to two teams per member to allow at least 15 to play. As soon as the pool is full the teams will be assigned automatically by the website.

I am PM'ing the instructions to those who have expressed interest in this thread.  Once you have signed up then you can send the entry fee.  You can sign up for 2 teams if you wish using the same member.  If you want you can also sign up using an A behind the first team and B behind the second team. (golfgarA and golfgarB) but you would have to create two users.

If I have forgotten anything please PM me or chastise me publicly if you have to.

Larry

So far we have signed in on the pool manager site:

Count total 26

golfgar            2           In the official humidor!
Thinde            2           In the official humidor!
oke&coke       2            In the official humidor!
Brickhouse     2            In the official humidor!
Maduro Clint   2           In the official humidor!
BFreebern      1           In the official humidor!
JSM                 2          In the official humidor!
Cookie_1978  2           In the official humidor!
Charley           2           In the official humidor!
CMontoya 79  2           In the official humidor!
fjldo                2            In the official humidor!
Slick 300        1            In the official humidor!
Drunkfish        1           In the official humidor!
Tall Paul          2           In the official humidor!
Bsneed51       1           In the official humidor!
madurotrout    2           In the official humidor!
tomthirtysix     2            In the official humidor!

Well, it's interesting, I'll give you that.

I think an $8 mark is the right spot.  If you do 3 cigars per team/entry, you're looking at 90 cigars.  I think that's quite a bit for 1 prize.  My opinion would be to go for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  Split something to the effect of 50, 30, 10.

I like it.  I've never been part of a pool such as this, and am sure I'd be in for a team or two.

I would be interested.  Let us know the final details.

13 run pools are fun, friendly type of thing. I'm in if you'll have me.

(Edited to correct an obnoxious autocorrect)

We used to do this in my office, and it is awesome.    I've never rooted harder for a team to get shut out. 

I'd be in.

My advice is you have everyone tell you what they are sending before they send and you approve their cigars. I am seeing that in all these contests some are still struggling to know how we at CP determine a box price average per stick for passes and contests which poses a problem when a winner receives their winnings. I will be doing this for my random draw starting this year. I'd also suggest keeping it at 2 spots per member max. I also like Wyatt's idea on first second and third place winner. 3 cigars per team is good but keep in mind 90 cigars is alot to house for a full MLB season trust me I know. Hope this helps.

I'm in for 2 teams if this goes.
Paul

Sign me up for 2 teams.  Will send off the sticks in a day or two.

My three cigars:

Parti Serie P 2
Cohiba Robusto 12
Parti Lusi 13

I'll take two teams if possible. Out running around, but I'll get linked in on the site when I get home.

Two teams six sticks; 3 Tat Regios and 3 Padron 64 Anni Maduro Corona's. They'll go out sometime this week.
Thanks for putting this together Larry!

I'm signed in for 2 teams. I will send stick recommendations Thursday. Thanks again for hosting.

Ok, I just signed up in the pool and I want two teams. Not sure what I need to do to sign up for two teams so let me know. I will send the following sticks:

2 Tatuaje Bon Chasseur
2 Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
2 Padron 1964 Monarca Maduro