• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...about damn time

Would have liked to seen this happen 4/ 5 years ago...........

Remember when Ali fights were on wide world of sports Saturday afternoons?

Bayamos said:
Would have liked to seen this happen 4/ 5 years ago...........
I agree with you. This should've happened when they were in their prime. However, there are no two bigger names in boxing right now so hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Frank

Charley said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly....my first impression when I heard the news was one of them will get 'hurt' just prior to the fight and back out. 

fjldo said:
Would have liked to seen this happen 4/ 5 years
I agree with you. This should've happened when they were in their prime. However, there are no two bigger names in boxing right now so hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Frank
ago...........
Yep, still talented but passed their prime, will have to bring their A game.

kona1000 said:
Remember when Ali fights were on wide world of sports Saturday afternoons?
I can hear Cosell's voice in my head. Amazing those fights were free and now I have to pay $100 PPV if I want to watch these over hyped primadonas dance

I hate to waste $90 to watch two grown ass men dance around the ring. But I may still buy this, ugh!!! Want real boxing, watch boxing on the Spanish channels of telemundo, and tv Azteca. Just search "boxeo" (Spanish for boxing) on your cable or dish and you will see what is left of real boxing. Two guys Mano a Mano trying to beat the crap out of each other.

Boxing's been dead for quite some time and I'm a tremendous fan of MMA, but I may order this one in HD as well...

Hmm...

Plus Pac Man off the drugs is not a match for Money Mayweather...IMO

Rumored purse is:
Pac Man = 80 million
Money Mayweather = 120 million

Real story, worked in a tire shop in high school in Vegas, Floyd Senior used to come in to have us rotate the tires, etc... not a nice guy...

CMontoya79 said:
I hate to waste $90 to watch two grown ass men dance around the ring. But I may still buy this, ugh!!! Want real boxing, watch boxing on the Spanish channels of telemundo, and tv Azteca. Just search "boxeo" (Spanish for boxing) on your cable or dish and you will see what is left of real boxing. Two guys Mano a Mano trying to beat the crap out of each other.
Ugh... is that what it's going for on HD?  I've already told a few guys that I'm going to host the fight - still will, but I was hoping that 75 bucks would be the max.  It's ridiculous what they charge anymore. 

That just blows.  I don't get how these f-rs get so many people to pay that kind of money for a fight.  The only reason I can justify it is that I can get 3-4 guys who really like boxing as I do, to pitch in to pay for it.  Oh well, the rich get richer I guess.

Also, for us, we will make a night out of it playing cards, smoking good cigars, drinking good beer and spirits, and if it's a good fight, then great - if not, we still will have had a good time.

When Floyd Money Mayweather starts pealing off the 100.00 bills to make it rain or when he
grabs a 3" stack of 100's and pretends to answer his cell phone with them, I can just say,
"none of them 100's were mine".