• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Erte Cigar Review by VrezhCigars

VrezhCigars

Size: 6 1/4 X 46
Origin: Costa Rica
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Strength: Mild

First Third:
      Right off the bat you can tell this cigar has been aged for a long time(Putting the yellow cellophane aside) Once you light up the cigar, sweet cedar, sweet hay, and and pungent tobacco flavors come into play. A very smooth and mellow start. The draw is a bit thight and the aroma gives off a musty sweet hay. As it heats up the flavors ascend a little and give off a sweet, raw earth. In the back end of the flavor profile there is a faint pungent and waxy taste. This cigar has a nice old school taste!

Second Third:
      (This cigar should be smoked very slowly; in order, to obtain all flavors and not overheat)
The draw opens up and the flavors blend into the second third with the same consistant flavor profile.
The aroma is very nice filling up the nose. The cigar leaves behind a oily tobacco taste on the tongue(You do not get that from most cigars). I begin to pick up some citrus, cayenne pepper flavors without the peppery heat. Some faint dry maple, leather, and wood come into play. It gives off these flavors; while in the backgroud, the sweet cedar and hay continues.

Final Third:
       I begin to pick up some smokey wood flavors and the sweetness dies down. The flavors seem to become more robust in body. Coffee bean and aged tobacco are present. Once you get to the end the core flavors are leather and citrus(grapefruit).

Conclusion:
      This cigar is a very rare cigar and a must try. It was said to be aged for 19 years. Not all cigars age into superb cigars(This is where i think this cigar stands). I paid about $28 for the Seven Deadly Sins, from Famous Smoke Shop. The packaging was interesting with Erte's Art work. From my experience, once you get hold of these cigars smoke them! I do not think they will get any better by age. However,
they are good aged cigars.

Interesting. Thanks for the review. Got a set myself so look forward to trying it.

Nice review. I struggled with whether or not to keep them in the paper coffins. In the end I opted to ditch them. I wish the art has been printed on cedar coffins instead.

BTW - they appear on the auction site every so often. I think I paid around $7 for the set. Seemed like a low risk to me at the time.

Size: 6 1/4 X 46
Origin: Costa Rica
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Strength: Mild

First Third:
Right off the bat you can tell this cigar has been aged for a long time(Putting the yellow cellophane aside) Once you light up the cigar, sweet cedar, sweet hay, and and pungent tobacco flavors come into play. A very smooth and mellow start. The draw is a bit thight and the aroma gives off a musty sweet hay. As it heats up the flavors ascend a little and give off a sweet, raw earth. In the back end of the flavor profile there is a faint pungent and waxy taste. This cigar has a nice old school taste!

Second Third:
(This cigar should be smoked very slowly; in order, to obtain all flavors and not overheat)
The draw opens up and the flavors blend into the second third with the same consistant flavor profile.
The aroma is very nice filling up the nose. The cigar leaves behind a oily tobacco taste on the tongue(You do not get that from most cigars). I begin to pick up some citrus, cayenne pepper flavors without the peppery heat. Some faint dry maple, leather, and wood come into play. It gives off these flavors; while in the backgroud, the sweet cedar and hay continues.

Final Third:
I begin to pick up some smokey wood flavors and the sweetness dies down. The flavors seem to become more robust in body. Coffee bean and aged tobacco are present. Once you get to the end the core flavors are leather and citrus(grapefruit).

Conclusion:
This cigar is a very rare cigar and a must try. It was said to be aged for 19 years. Not all cigars age into superb cigars(This is where i think this cigar stands). I paid about $28 for the Seven Deadly Sins, from Famous Smoke Shop. The packaging was interesting with Erte's Art work. From my experience, once you get hold of these cigars smoke them! I do not think they will get any better by age. However,
they are good aged cigars.
We have about 30 packs of this collection at Casa de Montecristo in Houston, Texas we are selling them at 50% off the $40 selling price.