• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have a CarFAx account? Need a favor.

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
I was in a wreck, Christmas morning and long story short, the insurance info provided on the police report doesn't pull up in State Farms database.  So, I had a buddy run the tags and turns out it's registered under someone else.  I opened a State Farm claim, under that person and got a call from the adjuster asking why, because the vehicle isn't on any of the policies.

I even called the wrecker, to see if maybe the driver used insurance, but she paid cash/credit card and had it dropped off somewhere.  Until I can talk with the Officer that wrote the report, I'm hoping that someone can run the VIN and I can at least see who the car was last registered to.

I'm beginning to think this will turn into an uninsured motorist claim, but I'm hoping I can do some digging and find info.

Thanks!

-B

There are other alternatives to carfax, from what I've read the alternatives are better, as carfax seems to not be the most accurate in information. A google search should turn up alternatives.

CMontoya79 said:
There are other alternatives to carfax, from what I've read the alternatives are better, as carfax seems to not be the most accurate in information. A google search should turn up alternatives.

You're definitely right about carfax being far from accurate.  In the last 10 years, one of my wife's cars had substantial hail damage that needed a lot of repair and we had to cars  that were in accidents.  None of these were ever on a carfax report.  Worst yet was a damn Ford Edge that I bought about six months ago.  It showed a clean carfax.  The problem was when I took it in for service because of repeated issues, the service guy showed me evidence of it being in a wreck.  It had replaced parts that were not Ford.  I finally cut my losses and traded the car in at a Ford dealership.  I don't think there is much you can do because it is up to whoever is servicing the car to report it.  Some places do and some don't (even dealerships).