• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B. B. King has checked out.

He had the touch, no two ways about it. I heard something along the lines of 15,000 shows...rough math is 200 nights a year for 70 years.

Rest easy.

Thank you.

-Trey

I think I just read he averaged 233 shows a year... every year.  

I knew it was only a matter of time after he announced he was utilizing in-home hospice at his place in Las Vegas.  This is very sad.  He has a LOT of kids and ex-significant (and some not so significant) others.  I hope it doesn't turn into a posthumous circus like James Brown's and even Robin Williams' estate closure did.  

The King is dead, but the Thrill will never be gone. -- E.C.

A showman extraordinaire. No telling how many people he influenced and led to the blues in his career. Buddy Guy is truly the last of the classic bluesmen left now.

When I first heard his stuff, I wasn't a fan.  It was the horn era and reminded me of a vegas show.  However, the deeper I got into his much older stuff, I became a big fan.  I missed seeing John Lee Hooker live, thinking I still had time.  Made the same mistake with BB.