• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A hard day

bluue13

We had to say goodbye to our boy Zeus today.  He was the most loyal and gentle companion and although we are heartbroken, we know he's running around and happily chasing squirrels in his next life.

Rest easy, buddy.  

3B56C615-5612-4440-9AB4-F6311770E9C9.png

Condolences man, I can't imagine losing our pup. 

Time will help, it always does. 

Sorry to hear bro.  They are members of the family and feel no different in my opinion.

Condolences, just from the picture it looks like there was plenty of personality.

Good friends are never truly gone.  My condolences.

Saying goodbye to furry family is one of the hardest things I've every had to do.  Sucks bad.

Best wishes to you and the family.....

*Hugs* I've had two different Labs die while I was deployed. Never got to say goodbye and tell them how much they meant. I know they knew, though. and yes, echoing above comments, they are very much our children and family.

Perspective: Put your woman and your dog in the trunk and drive a hundred miles. Which one is happy to see you when you open the trunk?

Got a great smoke with Zeus' name on it! Time heals! Remember the great parts and openly cry. All good.

-Trey

I am sorry for your loss.  We found strength in this after our flat-coat passed.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Author unknown...

So sorry for your lose. I have two Jack Russels. Great little puppies. All go things will end.

Peace

Thanks, everyone, its been a tough day for sure.  My wife was inconsolable for the better half of today.  He was a rescue and he stole her heart the second she saw him at the shelter and they were inseparable from that moment.  

Time will heal.  Will be smoking a good one tonight.  

My condolences, I have a beautiful blue nose pitbull and I can't picture me sitting on the yard without her running all over the place chasing everything she sees.

Sorry for your loss. Pets like dogs love you unconditionally. We lost one of our toy poodles back in November when I was out of town. Still miss him.

One of the funniest stories about him was when he was a pup. He peed on our rug and I gave a little tap on his butt. They've always slept with us and later that night when he came to bed he made a point to take a crap on my pillow! All I could do was laugh and I still do!

Perspective: Put your woman and your dog in the trunk and drive a hundred miles. Which one is happy to see you when you open the trunk?

Geez, should we all guess.?  Spad, you been without O2 for too long!

Sorry for the loss, I really feel for you and the family.

You know, you can never, ever replace a beloved pet (and I know that for a fact), but you can get another one.  If you have the room and the inclination, there are hundreds if not thousands of dogs that need 'forever homes'.  

We currently have a small herd of Chi's, but we've decided any new arrivals will be older rescue dogs that need one good last home.  Tough to watch them go, but the love they return makes the pain worth it.

My thoughts are with you, bro.....

BlindedByScience said:
You know, you can never, ever replace a beloved pet (and I know that for a fact), but you can get another one.  If you have the room and the inclination, there are hundreds if not thousands of dogs that need 'forever homes'.  

We currently have a small herd of Chi's, but we've decided any new arrivals will be older rescue dogs that need one good last home.  Tough to watch them go, but the love they return makes the pain worth it.

My thoughts are with you, bro.....

Thanks, Tom.  We actually still have another dog, a rescue mutt who is making it a little easier as well.  With the new baby, adopting another dog right now is out of the cards, but I can guarantee that in another year or so we'll probably be hitting the local shelters.

Thanks, all for the thoughts.

I know what you are going through. I cried like a baby when I had to put Lyza down last year. I'm just glad for the time we had together. Best I can offer is just cherish the memories. The rainbow bridge stuff causes me to well up every time. Hopefully Zeus and my girl have some awesome play sessions together before we see them next.

... oh, and I can't make it through the 'Rainbow Bridge" writing without a quivering jaw and tears in my eyes. There, I said it....

sorry man.... been there, and it sucks beyond belief. Cried harder when we made the choice than when my own father passed away. I've had my favorite pet saying in my signature now for quite some time and it still holds true.  Hang in there... they say it gets better.