• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ambrosia Maple Humidor

CTBlankenship

I recently made a memories box for my niece's wedding and have enough materials left over for a 11-1/2W" x 11-1/2"L x 6"H solid wood ambrosia maple humidor if anyone is interested ... notice how the grain wraps around the box without a break and how the corners appear to have no joint lines.  The bottom is finished in leather.  A tray at the bottom of the humidor reserves a place for a humidity solution (Boveda packets or beads).  The hinges are Brusso CB-302.  It can store 50 Ashton VSG Sorcerer (7" * 49), estimated ... one divider (or one more if you desire).  This is what ambrosia maple looks like ... 

CT

PS: In case it isn't obvious, this is the memory box ... not the humidor.

jessicasbox.png

Thanks to both ... to answer your question ... $225 sans the hygrometer sticking through the front ... I don't like analog hygrometers.

I'm thinking along these lines ... 3/4" maple with 3/8" Spanish cedar ... steel plate embedded in the lid for attachment of magnetic accoutrements without the need for adhesives.  I'm starting work on this on Wednesday ... I'll keep this thread updated as the build continues.  If you have any specific design ideas let me know, I can probably build them into this humidor.

You can think of this as materials plus a wage of about $10/hr ... not a big money maker ... but I so love making them.

I might as well throw in free shipping for the first CigarPass...er to buy a humidor.

AmbrosiaDesignTwo.png

ambrosiadesignthree.png

Wow, accoutrements. I haven't heard refined English in the longest time, and deserving of that wonderful humi.