• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's been keeping me busy......

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I've been super busy with life since this past February time frame. Both Professionally, and personally. Lot's of changes with getting ready to purchase the home inspection company I work for. I was floored when my employer approached me about buying him out a few months ago. He always did it for fun, and now with some personal things involving immediate family, him not really having to worry financially, he wanted to focus elsewhere. With strong numbers, facts, and year to year growth I could see, it made sense....Plus, I have fun too!

Another project that I've worked on all summer in my limited spare time between work and family has been another labor of love. I've always dreamed of an epic Koi Pond that I'd be proud of, enjoying for years to come. When we bought this house, it came with a pond that had been left to waste for a few years. Our Realtor suggested filling it in, but I saw the vision of this pond right outside the Florida Room windows (aka the Cigar Bar). The pond wasn't done right to begin with, basically just a hole in the ground with a liner exposed everywhere and rocks holding it in place on the edges. Took me three years of research, learning what worked and didn't work in the old set up, and lots dreaming before I finally took on the project in June. A chair falling off our deck during a storm tore a three foot long gash in the old liner, which prompted me to finally say it's time! Right now I'm sitting here on my deck typing this, listening to the water making the most AMAZING and RELAXING sounds I could ever imagine while enjoying a nice beer and 2005 H Uphman MAG 50 EL. As Mr. Roberti said to me earlier this week, "The sound of water is very therapeutic". I had to share with some friends who would understand. Enjoy!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12689]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12690]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12692]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12693]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12694]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12695]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12696]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12697]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12698]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12699]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12700]

Absolutely beautiful. Fantastic work it'll be a centerpiece, and a treasured part of your home for years to come. Very, very well done!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12699]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12700]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12701]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12703]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12704]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12705]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12706]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12707]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12708]

Congrats on the great things going on.  That pond will look real nice when it is stocked.

So it wasn't the fluffer job...hmmm, too bad.

Great work on the yard! 

oke&coke said:
Congrats on the great things going on.  That pond will look real nice when it is stocked.

whylieineedacigar said:
Till I see an actual Koi in there I won't believe it.

Beautiful work! Enjoy it!
Look at the last picture of my daughter feeding the Koi....  ;)

Cool project!!  Looks very relaxing.  Good to see you back around!

Truly an epic pond.  Were you able to source the rocks by going in the woods or a local stream?

I did not see that.  Didn't blow up the photos on the first look.  Nice.

Thanks!
One of the benefits of what I do for a living. People give me permission to help myself. I stockpiled rock for over a year bit by bit. I did have to pay for all the small River rock and large boulders. All in all the whole job set me back about $3,500.
Not bad considering quotes ranged from 17 - 23k....... I'm in the wrong business.

jfields said:
Thanks!
One of the benefits of what I do for a living. People give me permission to help myself. I stockpiled rock for over a year bit by bit. I did have to pay for all the small River rock and large boulders. All in all the whole job set me back about $3,500.
Not bad considering quotes ranged from 17 - 23k....... I'm in the wrong business.

That's really good for a pond that size.  Great result!  I did a little one at my first house using rocks collected locally so I was just wondering.

That is a beautiful pond.  I can see where it would be very relaxing to just sit on the deck and listen to the water.

Looking great John!  Congrats on all the great news as well!

2K6TBSS said:
That is a beautiful pond.  I can see where it would be very relaxing to just sit on the deck and listen to the water.
Just the thought makes me have to pee.