• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pack them well, gentlemen.....

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Just got a care package from one of the fine BOTL's on the board. Look what the guys at USPS did to it:

sissy_smash.jpg

...the end to the story is that the gars were packed in the middle of a ton of peanuts, in a humidity control bag, and came through the ordeal without a hitch. Given the "external violence" I have to admit I'm surprised, but pleasantly so.... :cool:

Moral of the story is to pack 'em well, gentlemen. Use sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, foam peanuts, etc. A humidity bag or at least a double ziploc is also a damn good idea if you want the treasure to make it there in good shape.

Regards - B.B.S.

You forgot to write "Handle with care" on it.

So they didn't. :laugh:

Did you take the box to the PO and raise hell? (not sure if it would matter much but I would just on the principal).

I worked in a warehouse this summer, and I would have to say that UPS is by far the worst at taking car of packages. We had one driver that would just walk on top of boxes in the bottom of his truck. I almost hit him when he kicked a box off the back of his truck that had about $2,000 worth of parts we needed for an important job.

So far when it comes to cigars all the packages I recieved have been just fine. I also feel that the packages I get through the USPS arrive in the overall best of shape. See, the Government can do something's right.

I agree that UPS is the worst about handling stuff with care. I worked at Post-net (a shipping depot kinda place...like kinko's, office max, etc..) a few summers ago, and saw how they treated the packages. I watched a box w/ $34,000 worth of insurance on it get thrown/kicked/stacked on in the back of the truck. The driver knew the value, (they have a "secret" compartment to put boxes w/ over $5,000 insurnace) and still treated it like it was a used shop rag. anyway, my boss and his boss had a talk (my boss saw all this too) and his manager was there the next day to apologize...Fed-ex (express, not ground) always handled everything great though.

I work at UPS and I'd have to say some of the people there dont take much care with the packages. But I have seen management write-up people who make a habit of throwing packages. As far as a special box for high dollar packages I've never seen one. I have seen management check to see if a shipment is on the package car. The only special handeling I know of is hazmat stuff.

The bottom line is that it seems they just don't give a damn :angry:

We've seen plenty of this kind of thing and worse like boxes being lost all together or boxes being delivered that have been robbed of the cigars inside!! You can complain all you want (I have) and they just don't claim any responsibility. I even had insurance on a box they lost last year and they refused the claim even though they provided the statement that showed it was not delivered and my local PO filled out the insurance claim paper work :angry: