• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano Exodus Robusto

Ginseng

Banned
Good god. The review will be a short one. I had a Carlos Torano Exodus in the humi and thought tonight would be a good time to spark it up. So computer, knife and coffee in hand, I retreated to the garage.

This stick had the most beautiful wrapper I've seen in a long time. Like mahogany, lightly oily and a fine silken sheen. Smelled nice enough. But when I lit it up, that's when things got unfriendly.

Whoa! the spice and pepper that came from this stick scalded my nose and made my eyes water. It reeked of all sorts of strange spices and aromatic woods and at one point, I actually thought I tasted soy sauce. Souy sauce! Well, I had to put it down after about 0.75"

I'm man enough to say that this was too much for me. It kicked my ass and I will not go near these again.

Wilkey

Maybe you could go back to smoking those Backwoods smokes. :laugh:

I don't smoke Backwoods, I chew on 'em. ;)

Well, this cigar taught me a lesson that night. In the relentless search for the fullest, strongest smoke, sometimes things can go awry. This was a case where the cigar was just a bad match for me. But hey, at least I learned where my limits were. And wasn't it Dirty Harry who said "A man's got to know his limitations."

Next up will be a Padron 6000 maddie.

Wilkey

When I inhaled the fresh morning air today, I swear I could still feel my nose hairs tingling. Yikes.

Ginseng said:
Good god. The review will be a short one. I had a Carlos Torano Exodus in the humi and thought tonight would be a good time to spark it up. So computer, knife and coffee in hand, I retreated to the garage.

This stick had the most beautiful wrapper I've seen in a long time. Like mahogany, lightly oily and a fine silken sheen. Smelled nice enough. But when I lit it up, that's when things got unfriendly.

Whoa! the spice and pepper that came from this stick scalded my nose and made my eyes water. It reeked of all sorts of strange spices and aromatic woods and at one point, I actually thought I tasted soy sauce. Souy sauce! Well, I had to put it down after about 0.75"

I'm man enough to say that this was too much for me. It kicked my ass and I will not go near these again.

Wilkey
[snapback]240555[/snapback]​
PM me if you have any you need to get rid of

I had this same problem when i started smoking, got ahold of a camacho before i was ready for it. But i enjoy them now :D So maybe you just need some more time,work your way up to it.

:p As for the soy sauce flavor maybe have a bowl of rice for dinner and smoke the cigar right after dinner :p

Oh yeah, just to clarify, it was the Exodus 1959, the Gold Label. I have no idea how the other Exodus are and now I'm not so sure I want to find out.

OutlawD,
I hear ya brother. The funny thing was I had Camacho Corojo (kicked my a$$ too but not to the point where I had to say uncle) and LGC Serie R and liked 'em. The guy at Cigar-ette City said they were full bodied. He did not say they would be strong enough to straighten out the short and curlies. :p I think this is a message to step back a bit. Macanudo, anyone? :laugh:

Baron Porthos,
I'll look in my box and see what I've got. Maybe one or two but they've got over a year in the box. The one I just smoked was fresh.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Oh yeah, just to clarify, it was the Exodus 1959, the Gold Label. I have no idea how the other Exodus are and now I'm not so sure I want to find out.

OutlawD,
I hear ya brother. The funny thing was I had Camacho Corojo (kicked my a$$ too but not to the point where I had to say uncle) and LGC Serie R and liked 'em. The guy at Cigar-ette City said they were full bodied. He did not say they would be strong enough to straighten out the short and curlies. :p I think this is a message to step back a bit. Macanudo, anyone? :laugh:

Baron Porthos,
I'll look in my box and see what I've got. Maybe one or two but they've got over a year in the box. The one I just smoked was fresh.

Wilkey
[snapback]240729[/snapback]​

So I guess this means you won't be ordering mass quantities of these? Wilkey Special :laugh: :p :rolleyes:

OutlawD said:
:p As for the soy sauce flavor maybe have a bowl of rice for dinner and smoke the cigar right after dinner :p
[snapback]240715[/snapback]​

You have no idea how much I'm laughing at this. Have you seen Wilkey?

Hi Gary,

I saw your special! Thanks so much but dang! I've got tail firmly between tail as far as these sticks go.

I can't even relate the other scents and flavors I caught. Seriously, it was like I was tripping on something. This is the only cigar I've had that I became aware of the pounding of my heart in my ears.

So...what's the mildest stick you sell? :D

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Hi Gary,

I saw your special! Thanks so much but dang! I've got tail firmly between tail as far as these sticks go.

I can't even relate the other scents and flavors I caught. Seriously, it was like I was tripping on something. This is the only cigar I've had that I became aware of the pounding of my heart in my ears.

So...what's the mildest stick you sell? :D

Wilkey
[snapback]240739[/snapback]​

Sounds like you might be cursed to a lifetime of suffering Macanudocafeitis. :p

cigar1993 said:
Sounds like you might be cursed to a lifetime of suffering Macanudocafeitis. :p
[snapback]240742[/snapback]​

Damn, I was going to say the same thing!! :sign:

cigar1993 said:
OutlawD said:
[snapback]240715[/snapback]​

You have no idea how much I'm laughing at this. Have you seen Wilkey?
[snapback]240737[/snapback]​

no i havent :0 and hope i didnt offend anyone ???

Hehe,

No worries OutlawD. I'm Chinese-American. I eat rice often but most commonly from a plate and I prefer teriyaki sauce. Gary's just giving you a hard time. ;)

Wilkey

Didn't notice this when you first posted it, but now I am scared to smoke the one I have and I've only been smoking for 10 months. :blush:

you know, a lotta guys i know raved about these. the first 5 i smoked left me wondering what all the fuss was about. lol they are pretty good smokes but not anything i would keep around. unless they went on super blowout. lol

Just got one of these as part of a christmas gift, can't wait to give it a try and see if I get the same results.

Wilkey, did you notice if your Torano stick was very tightly rolled, almost to the point that it feels like rock hard, without any give, when pressed on..I think its the most solid feeling cigar I have ever felt. Hopefully this won't lead to any burn issues.

Thanks for the review by the way! :)

I have only had a couple golds but haven't had this experience. The silver ones were more mild. Too much so for me.

I will say this about Torano construction: they seem to have that down. The cigar almost seems engineered from the couple boxes I have smoked. Especially the robustos.

hudsonvalley said:
I will say this about Torano construction: they seem to have that down. The cigar almost seems engineered from the couple boxes I have smoked. Especially the robustos.
[snapback]266691[/snapback]​

You nailed that HV. All of their lines are well constructed and packaged. The new Virtuoso box is sweet.

The golds have a stale nutty taste that I don't really care for, tho.