• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho 10th Anniversary

Niko

Length/Ring: 4 1/2 x 50
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Corojo
Strength: Full

10thanny.jpg

I was lucky enough to be chosen by Christian Eiroa and crew to sample the brand new wonder that is the 10th Anniversary Camacho Corojo. I was excited when i saw the box sitting on the counter when i got home, the wife with her usual stare of “What did you buy this time?” I had to explain to her my status in the cigar community and how my taste buds were to about to be exploded upon by the wonder that is the 10th anniversary. She said blah blah, yeah whatever… So i guess she understands. Anyway to the cigar.
10thanny4.jpg

It was a sunny day here in Dallas, Tx. A very nice Sunday at about 60 degrees, perfect for kicking back on the deck and firing up this corojo beauty. The wrapper was dark and chocolaty looking. I noticed little gold crystals throughout the wrapper. The smell was of fresh tobacco and nuts. I clipped the end with my Xikar Xi and it was clean. The first inital puffs were fantastic with strong tobacco, nuts, and a bit of cream, I knew i was in for a wonderful treat. As i continued to smoke the cigar it was full of thick white smoke which i really enjoyed. The first and second 3rd were pretty consistant with nuts and cream. The last 3rd was the best, i started picking up a black licorice flavor that was unbelievable. I didn’t want this cigar to end but sadly i had to part ways with the little nub.
10thanny3.jpg

I would recommend this cigar to those who like full bodied, full flavored smokes.

Thanks for the review Nick! Anyone else tried the 10th??? I'm eager to here peoples reactions on this new brand!

Thanks for the review Nick! Anyone else tried the 10th??? I'm eager to here peoples reactions on this new brand!

I tried one over the weekend but I have to reserve judgement until I have another. I purchsed the stick on Saturday. After dinner on Sunday I pulled it out and as I'm toasting the foot I noticed several tiny tears and slits all around the wraper. Long story short, it progressively came unraveled which needless to say caused some serious burn issues which tremendously impacted the taste of the cigar imo. I will say though, it had a very light and damn strong ash. Even with all the wrapper and burn issues, the ash held on for fully 2/3 of the cigar, maybe even more.

Well, I guess I'll be smoking the one I squirrelled away tonight. Be back with the results later :D

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these, have been looking forward to these and the lil Nubs.

Thanks for the review, Niko. I went looking for one today but I chose the wrong B & M. I'll pick one up later this week and give it a smoke.

I had the torpedo yesterday. I didnt much like it for the price. I thought it was a good cigar, but tasted too criollo-y for a corojo cigar, almost like the filler was mostly criollo with a corojo wrapper. I thought it had a nice clean taste, but would be better in te $10 price range. I paid $15 with CO tobacco tax.

Alrighty, smoked mine last night:

It was a nice wrapper, very well constructed except for a huge vein that spiraled around the entire cigar. The prelight aroma was very nice, an extremely mild tobacco scent that was just pleasant all around. Upon lighting I was hit with spice and coffee, the spice stuck around but after the first few puffs the coffee flavor disappeared. The rest of the cigar was just a blast of Corojo (wood and spice) flavors (I found out later from the associate that wrapper, binder and filler are all Corojo). The ash was nice and strong, I could have easily stood it up on the ash if I tried. About halfway through this cigar mellowed out quite a bit but not too much thankfully. I found this cigar really stood on its own in the last third where it became almost sweet. Great finish on this one and definitely not a bad cigar by any means. 7.5/10

I'm still waiting to see these. How special compared to a normal box.

I normally buy camacho corojo by the box, when I can, to keep them on hand as a goto smoke.

Is this a special year for the tobacco? or just the band?

I had one in my hands until I spotted the LG Small Batch. I only had money for one and the aroma of the wrapper on the Small Batch was incredible.

Next time, maybe. ;)

I've been waiting on some reviews before I pulled the trigger on these. Now I have to go and find someone who has them.

My local B&M got some in the other day. I passed. I love Camacho but these seemed real loose. I looked at the sublime shaped toro and the wrapper seemed thin and the feel was not right. The robusto seemed ok but chose to load up on some LG Lusitanos. I'll try it when I go back.

I picked up another one the other night at the local B&M. They are smoking real nice, and yes they do seem to have thin wrappers.